colino

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I have just been accepted into both of these programs for next fall, and I would like to hear people's opinions. I have heard that VCU is a "better school" for what it's worth, but as I understand it, their post-bac program accepts more applicants, is conducted through the grad school, and not the medical school, and I have no real ideas on what the matriculation rate is into medical school the following year. I am fairly intelligent and am willing to dedicate all of my time towards either program; I am just curious as to which one people would advise. Thank you in advance.

-Colin

OP
C

colino

10+ Year Member
Jun 20, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
ok, let's get some discussion here... colin is in need of some discourse.

KrnFord920

10+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2006
VA
www.mdapplicants.com
Status
Medical Student
colino said:
I have just been accepted into both of these programs for next fall, and I would like to hear people's opinions. I have heard that VCU is a "better school" for what it's worth, but as I understand it, their post-bac program accepts more applicants, is conducted through the grad school, and not the medical school, and I have no real ideas on what the matriculation rate is into medical school the following year. I am fairly intelligent and am willing to dedicate all of my time towards either program; I am just curious as to which one people would advise. Thank you in advance.

-Colin
it's just preference i think. Drexel requires 2 years for the master's degree; VCU program only requires 1 year i believe, but you only get a certificate. so if a degree is what your going after, choose drexel. also, VCU's program is smaller and more personalized you could say, whereas drexel program is larger.

i've talked to an admissions lady at VCU/MCV and she said that they highly take into consideration if you did one of the VCU's certificate programs and that they are fully aware of how difficult the program is, so if you do well in it, it's definitely an added cushion to your application. but i dont know how other schools view VCU's program/how well known it is. if VCU is your top choice as a med school, then VCU seems to be a better option.

i dont know if i helped you at all about your question (if at all); just make sure you buckle down and kick ass in either program.

Does anyone have other opinions/disagree with me?

About the Ads