Schlick

10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know how long the Drexel waitlist is? How many people have been offered a seat from the waitlist?

dr. dreigh

10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Schlick said:
Does anyone know how long the Drexel waitlist is? How many people have been offered a seat from the waitlist?
I just had my interview this morning. I didn't get to ask how many people are on the waitlist, but my interviewer said that 4 or 5 accepted applicants have declined their spot in the program. By the way, did you have your interview and how did it go?

OP
S

Schlick

10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
dr. dreigh said:
I just had my interview this morning. I didn't get to ask how many people are on the waitlist, but my interviewer said that 4 or 5 accepted applicants have declined their spot in the program. By the way, did you have your interview and how did it go?

My interview was on Tuesday morning. It was pretty good. My interviewer attened the IMS program last year and said that she had to move from Maryland to Philly fairly quickly because of the short notice.
Mostly she just asked me what I had been doing for the last year, where I thought healthcare was headed, how I thought the IMS program was going to help me etc. I thought it went very well as I had prepared answers for most of these questions. She did say that they would pull people from the waitlist if they really liked them. I told her that I am all the way on the west coast and possible problems that posed for last minute acceptances etc. I would still probably go if they gave me really short notice. Drexel is my first choice. Although, if I don't get in, I have already been accepted to a post-bac program at Midwestern U in Phoenix which would be fine with me as well.
How did yours go?

About the Ads

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
they usually move the waitlists once people start hearing back from med school. as with most SMP waitlists and even med school waitlists, you could be notified of getting into the program as short as a few days even before the program begins. I will decline my spot in the IMS within the next week, so hopefully that bumps one of you guys up! good luck!

dr. dreigh

10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Schlick said:
My interview was on Tuesday morning. It was pretty good. My interviewer attened the IMS program last year and said that she had to move from Maryland to Philly fairly quickly because of the short notice.
Mostly she just asked me what I had been doing for the last year, where I thought healthcare was headed, how I thought the IMS program was going to help me etc. I thought it went very well as I had prepared answers for most of these questions. She did say that they would pull people from the waitlist if they really liked them. I told her that I am all the way on the west coast and possible problems that posed for last minute acceptances etc. I would still probably go if they gave me really short notice. Drexel is my first choice. Although, if I don't get in, I have already been accepted to a post-bac program at Midwestern U in Phoenix which would be fine with me as well.
How did yours go?
My interview lasted just under half an hour. I was a bit worried and discouraged at first because I went into the interview knowing that it would most likely mean the wait list or admission into next year's class. The first part of it was a lot of numbers questions, my AMCAS from last year, and why I didn't do so well during my early undergraduate. My interviewer was really easy to talk to. We had a lot in common in terms of academic background, and I think that made my interview more relaxed. In the end, I felt really good about it. Drexel is my only choice. If I don't get in, I will probably attend a CA state university and take classes on my own. Good luck to you and I hope you (or we) hear from Drexel soon!

About the Ads