Drexel IMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

umes

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to the Drexel IMS program and if so, have you heard anything back from them yet? I've looked around the forum and haven't found anything about this year's cycle. Who else applied to the IMS program?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied and was accepted last week via a phone call.

i applied but haven't heard anything yet..
though i did miss a call from a number that's very close to theirs friday.. but they didn't leave a voicemail..

Members don't see this ad :)
i was complete end of feb... no news yet

I applied awhile back and finally got an accepatnce last week. I interviewed in mid-February.

Good luck! :luck:

i sent in my app in the beginning of january, had my phone interview in early march (if my memory serves me correctly), but got the acceptance phone call barely two weeks ago and the info email today. good luck!!

I just received a phone interview invite this morning. Could any of you guys please give me some insight into what kinds of questions they ask? I'm guessing it will be fairly laid-back since it's over the phone. Well, any help/info would be *GREATLY* appreciated.....I am sooo bad with interviews.....I need all the help I can get.....:oops:

Do a search in the forum, esp. the Drexel MSP thread. Someone posted some great ?s a while back.

And, don't be nervous! The interview is very laid back. It is w/a student. Make sure you have questions for them, too.
Who is doing the interview?
Good luck!:luck:

Anyone get accepted recently? Had my phone interview today and should hear in 3 weeks...but I also have to tell Tulane(Molec/Cell Bio) and Tufts if I want to go there by the 20th and 29th of this month. This is really cutting it close. Assuming I get in to Drexel, which would YOU choose (mostly between Drexel & Tufts)?

interviewed may 17th.. got the call this morning from chris

i don't know too much about the tufts program, sorry =/
i was able to talk to someone in the program and they said that although a 3.0 in ims will get you an interview, those accepted had gpas of about 3.5..

That seems reasonable, although the distance learning of IMS isn't too appealing. Anyone else with opinions?

I'm interview on Friday, does that mean I shouldn't expect to hear until July?

You'll probably hear when I hear, about 3 weeks from today or the end of June. Good luck with the interview.

That seems reasonable, although the distance learning of IMS isn't too appealing. Anyone else with opinions?

Well, the Med School campus is nicer. But we'll be studying at the hospital, i think its a nice place to stay motivated.

Also the distance thing, my two friends at Drexel Med dont go to class, they watch it online like we could. Its cuz they can play it back on doublespeed to get through it faster, slow down the more complicated parts, and go through lectures quickly. So it wouldn't even matter to them, most people watch the lectures online actually. You can also take the shuttle to the med school campus for free if you prefer to study there instead.

I'm just not thrilled about Philly.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're in the IMS program for Fall of 2007 and applying to medical schools for Fall 2008, there wouldn't be much change in the application aside from stating that you're in the IMS program since there won't be any new grades to show until at least the first semester is over...so will you guys wait and apply for Fall 2009?

Thanks.:)

If you're in the IMS program for Fall of 2007 and applying to medical schools for Fall 2008, there wouldn't be much change in the application aside from stating that you're in the IMS program since there won't be any new grades to show until at least the first semester is over...so will you guys wait and apply for Fall 2009?

I plan to wait.

you would need to apply if you wanna matriculate into Drexel after kicking ass the first year. its why i'll apply this year and probably only to drexel.

Has anyone been wait listed to the IMS program?

I've been told (rumor mill here) that many schools will place your application in a special hold pile if you are attending an SMP, and will generally evaluate you based on your fall grades. It might be worth applying for 2008, if you can afford it.

I've heard something similar. I've been told that putting in the fact that you are attending a SMP in the fall during your application year, schools that may have not given you a second look will sort of "wait" to see what your first round of grades are. I think I heard somewhere, might have been on here, that someone submitted their first exam grade to a school and got an interview and then ultimately and acceptance based on that.

Drexel med school offers a guaranteed interview if you have a certain gpa in the program, right? i'd check with the school to see if that applies only if you apply to med school in the same year.

I'm going to the EVMS med master's program (I also applied to the Drexel IMS program and was accepted), and the program director told me that if I applied to EVMS the following year as opposed to this year, they might not remember me (so chances of an EVMS acceptance declines, but perhaps chances at other schools increase?). Maybe it's similar with Drexel.

You can go either way.

I had the IMS phone interview. Should I send the guy a thank you card? It would be a no brainer if he was a doctor, or if I at least had an address, I but he's a year older than me and I forgot his name...

Any thoughts?

I think they'd laugh. Do people usually send thank you cards for med interviews?

Those accepted in the Drexel IMS program, and applying for the class of 2008, how do you indicate on the AMCAS application that you will be attending this program? Is there anyway i can list the course we will be taking? And if yes, what is the list of courses?

Just FYI, I interviewed for the IMS program on June 6th and got a phone call today admitting me to the program. So they have a pretty quick turnaround right now.

Anybody know how many students are in the IMS program? I'm trying to decide which SMP to attend, but the Drexel website doesn't have a ton of info. Any info would be highly appreciated!

Just FYI, I interviewed for the IMS program on June 6th and got a phone call today admitting me to the program. So they have a pretty quick turnaround right now.

Anybody know how many students are in the IMS program? I'm trying to decide which SMP to attend, but the Drexel website doesn't have a ton of info. Any info would be highly appreciated!

I also interviewed on the 6th...but no phone call yet.

Do you have specific questions about the program?

i also interviewed on the 6th and i missed a phone call today~ chris informed me that the status of my application had changed and to call back as soon as possible~ i hope i made it!!! :hardy: does anyone know the exact date the program starts? also, do you know how much time they give you to send your deposit to reserve a spot?

orientation starts monday august 6th, classes august 8th

when i talked to chris he said 3 weeks until the deposit was due, however the letter i received says june 21st (it's dated june 7th)
it's $500, cashier's check/money order only..

good luckkk!!

how big is the class again? i can't remember..

Has anybody visited the campus and seen what it's like? I visited Penn ages ago and saw some of Drexel, but I'm curious what it's like for the current IMS students.

Also, any idea if the school has organized tours for prospective students?

Has anybody visited the campus and seen what it's like? I visited Penn ages ago and saw some of Drexel, but I'm curious what it's like for the current IMS students.

Also, any idea if the school has organized tours for prospective students?

i went late July. IMS is done at the Hananamaannananaa hospital. there are two lecture rooms (not bad), library, offices, labs. its a program for about 150ish students, so its not that big.

hmm 150 people in ims.. and about 230 students in the first year class.

does anyone have numbers in terms of how many from ims get into drexel after that one year of work?

anyone know when tuition or the first payment is due.

I ask because i'm concerned about how much the Initial Costs of moving will be that Drexel wants us to cover before we recieve financial aid.

other than flying and moving over to philly, the two deposits 500 for tuition, 200 for housing. I'm not sure how much more i can afford pre-financial aid.

anyone know when tuition or the first payment is due.

I ask because i'm concerned about how much the Initial Costs of moving will be that Drexel wants us to cover before we recieve financial aid.

other than flying and moving over to philly, the two deposits 500 for tuition, 200 for housing. I'm not sure how much more i can afford pre-financial aid.

Hi trueth, I am not sure about that, but when I visited in May I met with Cindy McHugh, a lady from the FinAid office. Her email is [email protected]. She was very helpful. :)

Hi trueth, I am not sure about that, but when I visited in May I met with Cindy McHugh, a lady from the FinAid office. Her email is [email protected]. She was very helpful. :)

thanks, i'll call fin aid, and if i dont get any worthwhile info, i'll email cindy.

hey guys, i just got a letter in the mail saying that i've been accepted into the drexel ims program. I'm really upset that I don't have the "guaranteed" interview with their medical school since I scored a 7 on verbal and they require an 8 on every section in order to have the interview...I took the MCAT again on May 25th so hopefully I'll have the requirements. Anyone else sent their $500 deposit yet? And do we get anything else in the mail that tells us how much tuition is and how we're supposed to go about paying for that (ie: deadlines, etc etc)?

So I wasn't planning applying for the Fall 08 admisssions rounds but after hearing that I could possibly matriculate into drexel after the first year of IMS (vs. an additional year to get the MMS) I may go ahead and apply to a few schools here and there just to see. (3.48, 30O)