Drexel Interview/Open House Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lecory12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I know there was a similar thread but I can't find it/kind of have two questions... Two weeks ago I was offered an interview at Drexel and signed up for the November 2nd date. First question, I think (according to the calendar/survey for the Drexel interviews) there has already been one round of interviews, and I know there is another next Friday. I was wondering if anyone knew what to expect/ what kinds of questions they ask.

Second, today I got another email from Drexel inviting me to an open house at the school for the next day (November 3rd). Is it worth it to stay an extra day for the open house (I am traveling from Indiana) or would it not matter much because I am interviewing the day before? The email said it would just be a chance to speak to some people about the admissions process, etc and I assume I will be getting all of that info the day before. I'm just wondering if it would make an even better impression/show how interested I am in the school if I were to stay.

Also factoring into the situation (and I know this may sound stupid) but I would be missing the one of the last home football games of the season. Seeing as how I am a senior and already don't have much a life it would be nice to be back for this one. Obviously I am willing to sacrifice the game and and the extra night in a hotel if it would make a difference, but I've never been to an open house before and wanted to get some feedback before I commit to anything.

I apologize for the novel, advice would be wonderful:)

Members don't see this ad.

I recently interviewed there. The interview is very laid back, more so a conversation. Make sure you are able to express how you got into PT (obviously) and why you choose Drexel. Also, they asked me how I planned on managing the stress of PT school and if I knew I was truly ready for it or not. These were not direct questions like one after the other, it was more of a conversation back and forth that built off of each other. However, I feel like she made it a point to ask those 3 things (maybe not?)

As for the open house...good news! You won't have to go. They split you into 2 groups, the first group sits around and interviews for a half hour, then goes on campus tour, and then the other group does the opposite. One of the kids in my group (we interviewed first) told the director he toured the campus already and she said it was ok for him to leave and it be a waste of his time. The tour is lead by two current students, so its not like you're speaking with any one in admissions or anything while you tour. You will visit classrooms, cadaver lab, cafeteria, library, a few other offices.

Basically you will walk into a room, sit down at an assigned seat, listen to a lecture about drexel for an hour and have time to ask some questions, then split into groups and either interview (30 min) or go on a tour first.