Drexel MBS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bcereus96

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to this program? I am applying but I am nervous because my science GPA for undergrad is below a 2.9 but my grad gpa in micro and immuno is a 3.87. I am also currently taking an undergrad biochemistry course (never taken it in undergrad) and have an A in it so far.

Anyone wants to post their thoughts on the program?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello. I plan on submitting my application this Tuesday. I'm waiting to attend an online information seminar about the program in order to get a fee waiver, in case anyone was interested.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Do you mind sharing your stats? I am curious to know, just in case I should wait another year to apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, would you also mind sharing your stats with me? I am hoping to apply after this upcoming semester as my science GPA will be above the 2.9 suggested requirement (should be at a 3.0 exact as long as everything goes as planned), it is currently at a 2.8. Do you think most of the seats will be filled by then? The deadline to apply is not till August 3rd and I should have everything ready by May 8th at the latest.

Hey guys, would you also mind sharing your stats with me? I am hoping to apply after this upcoming semester as my science GPA will be above the 2.9 suggested requirement (should be at a 3.0 exact as long as everything goes as planned), it is currently at a 2.8. Do you think most of the seats will be filled by then? The deadline to apply is not till August 3rd and I should have everything ready by May 8th at the latest.
I got off the phone with one of the program advisers. He said they do accept people that don't meet the gpa requirements, but standarized testing and experience is what will weigh in. I suggest you talk to the program advisers to put a name to the face. They can actually redirect you to a program they think is well suited for you. He said spots don't really start to fill up until June~July. I hope this helps.

I got off the phone with one of the program advisers. He said they do accept people that don't meet the gpa requirements, but standarized testing and experience is what will weigh in. I suggest you talk to the program advisers to put a name to the face. They can actually redirect you to a program they think is well suited for you. He said spots don't really start to fill up until June~July. I hope this helps.

Thank you, I actually also was finally able to get in touch with someone the other day. By early-May I will meet the GPA requirements (as long as this semester goes well) and they said to just wait until then to apply since like you said spots don't usually fill up until July. Also it turns out they technically don't have a limited amount of seats meaning that they will keep taking people in until the deadline as long as you can show that you can handle the program (with GPA, standardized test scores, or upward trend if you don't quite meet the requirements). Good luck to you and everyone else on here, I'm sure we'll make it!

Hey, I'm currently applying for this cycle too. I was planning on taking my GRE by the end of April but now that COVID-19 is here, tests are getting canceled. Is Drexel allowing applicants to submit applications without test scores. I really want to get into this program and my GRE test was the main thing to show that I'm competitive since my GPA is currently at a 3.0. I'm hoping this doesn't stop me from getting into the program. I'm planning on submitting my application by the first week of May

Hey, I'm currently applying for this cycle too. I was planning on taking my GRE by the end of April but now that COVID-19 is here, tests are getting canceled. Is Drexel allowing applicants to submit applications without test scores. I really want to get into this program and my GRE test was the main thing to show that I'm competitive since my GPA is currently at a 3.0. I'm hoping this doesn't stop me from getting into the program. I'm planning on submitting my application by the first week of May
Hey, a 3.0 is good for the program you're not on the lower end! And unfortunately they still do but that is because ETS is letting you take the GRE from home now. The application is not due till August 3rd, so you have plenty of time. I am in a similar boat and I have been talking to them non stop and they said that an above 150 GRE score for both sections should be just fine with that GPA.

Congratulations! Do you know anyone in the program or have you heard good things about it?
I don't know anyone but I have talked to people who did the program. Basically need a 3.0 gpa for an interview into the med school while in the program, first year is undergraduate pre-requisites, second year is med school courses (M1 equivalent), need to retake mcat while in the program but there is an mcat course, everyone who completes the program gets into some type of med school afterwards (according to the person that told me) and those who interview at drexel usually get in due to the fact that drexel like to accept their own.

Hey, a 3.0 is good for the program you're not on the lower end! And unfortunately they still do but that is because ETS is letting you take the GRE from home now. The application is not due till August 3rd, so you have plenty of time. I am in a similar boat and I have been talking to them non stop and they said that an above 150 GRE score for both sections should be just fine with that GPA.

Thank you, nice to know I'm not the only one in my situation. I guess I'll start looking into registering for the at home GRE now. Thank you for that, I'll aim around that range of scores. Are you also taking the online GRE?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you, nice to know I'm not the only one in my situation. I guess I'll start looking into registering for the at home GRE now. Thank you for that, I'll aim around that range of scores. Are you also taking the online GRE?
Yes I am, although I have not registered. Im in my last semester of undergrad right now and getting bombarded with exams and finals. I think im going to wait until all of that is over, review everything I have studied throughout the semester for 3-4 weeks and take it at the end of may. They said they don't usually have an issue with spots around that time unless you apply like a week before the deadline. Oh also, they said they barely look at verbal. obviously aim for the 150 since that is 50th percentile but shoot for a higher math. It will make you more competitive.

Anybody here currently in the program/did the program already?

is there a time frame within which ppl heard back about their status once completing the application?

i heard back and was told i would be a better fit for the IHS program at drexel and have an interview this upcoming thursday. does anyone know much about this program or have any tips for the interview?

i heard back and was told i would be a better fit for the IHS program at drexel and have an interview this upcoming thursday. does anyone know much about this program or have any tips for the interview?

I actually applied to the IHS program instead of the MBS program. I've heard the curriculum is very similar. You can actually choose your own schedule and the IHS one is a little less stressful, both obviously are rigorous. Also I heard that people actually transfer from the MBS to the IHS one. All in all, both help you with getting into medical school.

I just submitted my application last week. How long did it take you to hear back?

I actually applied to the IHS program instead of the MBS program. I've heard the curriculum is very similar. You can actually choose your own schedule and the IHS one is a little less stressful, both obviously are rigorous. Also I heard that people actually transfer from the MBS to the IHS one. All in all, both help you with getting into medical school.

I just submitted my application last week. How long did it take you to hear back?
to hear back about IHS or MBS?

anyone doing the IHS program and know if there’s a group for it?? just got my acceptance today!

anyone doing the IHS program and know if there’s a group for it?? just got my acceptance today!
Congrats!!! I'm still waiting for an update on my application. I haven't seen a group so far. When did you do your interview?

What kind of interview questions did they ask you?
just basic stuff like tell us about yourself and things like that, but it’s super casual they just wanna know more about you. don’t stress it too much, you got this! good luck :)

Reactions: 1 users

Congrats on your acceptance! I'm about to take my GRE this July and hoping to submit my application by August 1st. If you don't mind me asking what were your stats for GPA and GRE? How long was your personal statement? And any follow up news about the IHS program since being accepted from Drexel?

Congrats on your acceptance! I'm about to take my GRE this July and hoping to submit my application by August 1st. If you don't mind me asking what were your stats for GPA and GRE? How long was your personal statement? And any follow up news about the IHS program since being accepted from Drexel?
3.5 GPA and 97th percentile GRE
my personal statement was 2 pages!
nothing too much just classes and registration/cost and stuff like that

Reactions: 1 user
3.5 GPA and 97th percentile GRE
my personal statement was 2 pages!
nothing too much just classes and registration/cost and stuff like that
Thank you for your response. I’m a bit worried because I have a low gpa of a 2.6. So my main focus is the GRE to help compensate. I really would like to get in to Drexel’s IHS program, I just hope spots do not fill up by August.

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group or something where accepted students can connect?

Has anyone heard any info on if fall semester will be remote/hybrid/in person? I know that the COVID task force pushed back their announcement.
they said they will announce more info next week about it!

Has anyone taken the MCAT and are sending them to the MBS program? I sent mine to the "Drexel Medical Science Program" since the other Drexel related search item is for DUCOM. Wondering how many days to give it before I make anymore attempts, it's the last item on my list before my application is complete :(

Has anyone taken the MCAT and are sending them to the MBS program? I sent mine to the "Drexel Medical Science Program" since the other Drexel related search item is for DUCOM. Wondering how many days to give it before I make anymore attempts, it's the last item on my list before my application is complete :(
You can just email an official score report to [email protected]. Thats what I did.

Hey everyone! I completed my application and am waiting to hear back. I’m curious, did anyone get accepted that didn’t submit an MCAT or GRE score?