drexel no response yet.. good or bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

echinoderm

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my friend was rejected in a heartbeat (so i'm assuming they're rolling)... i've been complete for months now.. but haven't been invited for an interview... yet (fingers crossed)... is that good or bad? anyone know their interviewing timeline? stories about late interviews?

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I called and found out that my application is "pending" or something. So I emailed the dean and he said he doubts I will be taken off hold. He said my application has a lot of positive points but my MCAT is too low (28). I thought that was pretty strange because that's within their average.

Members don't see this ad :)
which dean did you email>

Hey fellows,
sorry to break the bad news but I just callled and they told me that that they stopped sending interview invites last week. I got rejected also so what the heck?
Good luck.
kid.

when did you get your rejection>

I was interviewed by Drexel late Nov., but still haven't heard back from them. I called and they told me that they sent out the letter last week. How long does it take for a letter to go from philadelphia to california? Anyway, they said they could fax the letter to me if I wanted. From that I figured it was a rejection letter. My MCAT is only a 28 too. Perhaps...it would have been better if they had not invited me...I could have saved $500 of traveling expenses.

Just got rejected yesterday.....My MCAT was a 27, but I got interviews at much better schools. Oh well.

Hey Jane-- I'm kind of in the same boat, in that they told me that it was my mcat that wasnt super strong...mine is a little higher than urs. I definitely would be mad too if they flat out rejected me after making me fly from CA just to get rejected on something they knew before they met me.
But we can still hope for the best. let us know what it ends up being, so i can brace for a similar situation. good luck on everything else!

Well they told me that my file was pending a decision. However, they stopped sending the interview invites last week. Just put the two and two together. :thumbdown:

kc123 said:
Just got rejected yesterday.....My MCAT was a 27, but I got interviews at much better schools. Oh well.

when did you interview?

kidgorgeous said:
Well they told me that my file was pending a decision. However, they stopped sending the interview invites last week. Just put the two and two together. :thumbdown:

That's too bad, I thought it was one of the few schools left that I had a shot at...I got a 30 on the MCAT and they didn't even give me the time of day...not that 30 is a great score, but I thought it would put me in interview range. Oh well, another one down...

Last edited:
echinoderm said:
it sounds like most of us are in the same boat... mediocre/low mcats... for those who got rejected, or have't received an interview invite from drexel.. where else did you interview at? just wondering.. i have a rosalind franklin interview tuesday! (my only one).

Good luck on your Rosalind Franklin interview--I've heard good things about that school from fellow interviewees!

For everyone worried about Drexel--it's a random place. Last year, I applied late, completed my application in November, was invited to interview early January, interviewed early April, and was waitlisted. When I was applying, my MCAT was a 30, and I had a pretty extensive list of EC's, research, and volunteer experience, and good GPA, plus a lot of graduate coursework.

This year, applied late, but was complete in October (once Aug MCAT scores came out), and have heard nothing since. This year, my MCAT is a 34 R, I have even more clinical volunteer experience, and even more graduate coursework with excellent grades. Yet no interview nor waitlist. And just remember everybody, people with high MCAT scores get rejected too.

Now granted, just because a school interviews you one year, does not guarantee an interview upon reapplying. But it's definitely strange that my application is way stronger than it was last year when they actually interviewed me, and this year...nothing. So go figure?!

The whole process is just a big crapshoot. This year, I've been interviewed at some really excellent schools, such as Cleveland Clinic and Case, that I thought were a reach compared to my stats, my age and background, and my residency, while other schools that I thought I was actually a reasonably competative applicant at, such as Drexel, have either issued a rejection or remained silent.

So to anyone looking to just enjoy the process a little more: Recognize that the system is inherently random and sometimes unfair. Accept that fact, and rejections won't seem so personal. Plus, you'll realize that the only thing you can do is just relax and go with the flow. I've found that this attitude has made me much more laid-back in my reapplications, and has really resulted in a more positive application experience and some positive professional results as well.

Good luck to all!

same here. been complete since october. my stats are on mdapplicants. grrrrr.

I've been waiting patiently for my letter of rejection from Drexel. It was mailed last week and yet no sign of it as of now. I suppose it's lost for good. So are acceptance and rejection letters from Drexel pretty much the same in weight measurement? I just want to know, so that way if I get a thin envelop next week, I will just toss it away.

Jane2005 said:
I've been waiting patiently for my letter of rejection from Drexel. It was mailed last week and yet no sign of it as of now. I suppose it's lost for good. So are acceptance and rejection letters from Drexel pretty much the same in weight measurement? I just want to know, so that way if I get a thin envelop next week, I will just toss it away.

From what I've heard, acceptances are thick envelopes, but I wouldnt know for sure because I was waitlisted. Interview offers are thin as well..so dont toss it. Goodluck. Also, the letters take about 9 days to get to you after they mail it.

I wish they would hurry up and send my rejection. I don't care anymore-- I got an interview at Jefferson. Would be nice to have two in Philly at one timet hough, to increase my chances. I haven't heard from Temple either...