Drexel Post Bacc vs Pcom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bcereus96

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone...I just wanted to share a quick stat of where I am at right now. I am currently finishing up a thesis based masters program in microbiology and immunology with a gpa roughly around 3.8. I took one post bacc class in biochemistry recently during my program, got an A-. I worked 200+ hours as a medical scribe, started volunteering at a hospital, and work part time during the weekends as a lab tech in another lab aside from my main one

The biggest jump is my sGPA which is a 2.67 in undergrad. (In my previous post I realized I accidentally missed a class and said it was a 2.8). I think my best option is a post bacc.

I heard a lot of great things about Drexel's SMP, where it is attractive to me because it gives you a chance to improve your undergrad GPA and then take medical school level courses your second year. For me though, the cons are that's 2 more years of school and it give you no room to work so more money I have to spend.

PCOM's post bacc is just one year of classes and I have a couple friends in it that did the program and they said they also worked during the program which is attractive to me.

However, I hear PCOM's post bacc doesn't really open as much door's as Drexel's program...

If anyone is familiar with the program, what are your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, PCOM doesn't have a postbacc program...Do you mean their Masters in biomedical science program? That's also two years, but you can matriculate after the first year as long as you maintain a 3.3 GPA and at least a 500 on the MCAT. The Drexel MBS program doesn't guarantee anything except an interview.

Reactions: 1 user