Drexel University 2020-2021 App Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a_cx95

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm just wondering if anyone has heard from Drexel University and how long it generally takes them to review applications. My PTCAS app was complete on Aug. 22nd and I haven't gotten an email from Drexel regarding the completion of my application yet. I just thought this was a little surprising because Drexel has rolling admissions and b/c I've gotten an update from almost all of the other programs I've applied to.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I applied to Drexel on August 28th and haven't heard anything either. Maybe they are waiting to start reading applications until it comes closer to interview dates? No idea, but I'm anxiously waiting as well!

Hey! I applied to Drexel on August 28th and haven't heard anything either. Maybe they are waiting to start reading applications until it comes closer to interview dates? No idea, but I'm anxiously waiting as well!
They emailed me this morning notifying that my application is considered complete and will be reviewed by the admissions committee soon. I’m assuming that you’ll be getting an email within the next week or so, too!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied on 8/16, application was received on 8/20, interview offer on 8/21, interviewed 9/3, received an email on 9/8 thanking me for interviewing and saying that I should hear back in the next few weeks, so I’m thinking end of September? I’m sure that since they’re currently reviewing interviews that they’ve maybe stopped looking at new applications until they see where they’re at with everyone who already interviewed?

I applied on 8/16, application was received on 8/20, interview offer on 8/21, interviewed 9/3, received an email on 9/8 thanking me for interviewing and saying that I should hear back in the next few weeks, so I’m thinking end of September? I’m sure that since they’re currently reviewing interviews that they’ve maybe stopped looking at new applications until they see where they’re at with everyone who already interviewed?
Thanks for letting me know and congrats on the interview. :) You make a good point, it would make sense that their admissions team would review interviews/apps in chunks. How did the interview go? Also, do you mind posting your stats?

Thanks for letting me know and congrats on the interview. :) You make a good point, it would make sense that their admissions team would review interviews/apps in chunks. How did the interview go? Also, do you mind posting your stats?

GPA: 3.6, Prereq: 3.46
GRE: 154 V, 159 Q, 4.0 AW
300 outpatient hours complete, 2000 in progress (currently working as a tech)
200 inpatient hours

Interview went really well! It was a lot more relaxed than I thought it would be and it was a really good opportunity to learn a lot about the program itself. We talked mostly about my previous experiences, including shadowing, my two semesters abroad, and my undergraduate thesis.

GPA: 3.6, Prereq: 3.46
GRE: 154 V, 159 Q, 4.0 AW
300 outpatient hours complete, 2000 in progress (currently working as a tech)
200 inpatient hours

Interview went really well! It was a lot more relaxed than I thought it would be and it was a really good opportunity to learn a lot about the program itself. We talked mostly about my previous experiences, including shadowing, my two semesters abroad, and my undergraduate thesis.
Thanks for the info! It’s nice to know that their interview isn’t too intense or anything. Sounds like you had a great interview - good luck and hope you get in! :)

Bringing this thread back up! Has anyone else heard anything? My application was completed and under review on September 25th. I had mentioned I would send updated GRE scores, which I just did, so I'm wondering if that's part of the delay? Good luck everyone!

Bringing this thread back up! Has anyone else heard anything? My application was completed and under review on September 25th. I had mentioned I would send updated GRE scores, which I just did, so I'm wondering if that's part of the delay? Good luck everyone!
Hi!
Drexel app “complete” 9/9
Received email for interview invite on 9/30 for 11/12 interview day

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What were your stats if you don't mind?
cGPA: 3.65
pGPA: 3.9
GRE: 155V 156Q 4.5AW
Observation hours: 170 oncology outpatient, 104 pediatric inpatient rehab, 500 sports pt, 8 aquatic
Volunteering: oncology women’s center, homeless youth shelter

I submitted my application early August and just received an email for an interview on 11/19 today!

• Love
Hi everyone! Does anyone have any advice for the interview? Any specific questions you can remember? I have mine this Friday 11/13 and I'm a bit nervous since its my first one. Thanks :)

Hi everyone! Does anyone have any advice for the interview? Any specific questions you can remember? I have mine this Friday 11/13 and I'm a bit nervous since its my first one. Thanks :)

I had mine last week on 11/5 and honestly, it was the most laid back interviews I’ve had so far. My interviewer only asked me one question, based on one of my past experiences that was listed on my application. The rest of the time, we had a casual-like conversation and she had me ask her a handful of my questions that she could answer for me.

Another pre-PT I spoke with who interviewed in September said that she was asked “Tell me about yourself” and some questions based on her application as well.

So no need to be nervous! I think it’s a great first interview to have so you can set the tone for the rest. Just go in there confident, and be yourself!

Reactions: 1 user
I had mine last week on 11/5 and honestly, it was the most laid back interviews I’ve had so far. My interviewer only asked me one question, based on one of my past experiences that was listed on my application. The rest of the time, we had a casual-like conversation and she had me ask her a handful of my questions that she could answer for me.

Another pre-PT I spoke with who interviewed in September said that she was asked “Tell me about yourself” and some questions based on her application as well.

So no need to be nervous! I think it’s a great first interview to have so you can set the tone for the rest. Just go in there confident, and be yourself!
Thank you so much, this made me feel a lot better :)

How many people do you think were at your interview day in total? I'm surprised they're doing one-on-one interviews in this structure!

How many people do you think were at your interview day in total? I'm surprised they're doing one-on-one interviews in this structure!
I interviewed in early September and I don’t think there were more than 25 for that day

How did you interview go yesterday? I'm sure it went well! Do you know when you'll hear back? I have my interview on Tuesday!

How did you interview go yesterday? I'm sure it went well! Do you know when you'll hear back? I have my interview on Tuesday!
Hi! It went well, I hope :) I think the questions you're asked depend on which faculty member you have because I was asked a bit more structured questions than the few that responded to me. I was asked things like "a time you made a change for the better", "my favorite strength I have", and pretty typical interview questions. It was nothing to stress over though; they made you feel really relaxed. They said we will hear back a month from the interview at the latest. Good luck, you will do great!

There were 30 of us. They split us in groups of 15 for the Q&A and individual interview breakout sessions.

I received an acceptance from Drexel today!! My interview was on 11/5.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey all! I see a lot of people talking about Drexel and their interviews so I just wanted to add my input. I applied to Drexel in the middle of August and I was offered an interview on September 30th. My interview date was on November 5th and I found out that I was accepted on November 16th! I was also offered scholarship money from the Deans merit based scholarship! The interview was very laid back and it made me feel at home even though I was very nervous. Good luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hey all! I see a lot of people talking about Drexel and their interviews so I just wanted to add my input. I applied to Drexel in the middle of August and I was offered an interview on September 30th. My interview date was on November 5th and I found out that I was accepted on November 16th! I was also offered scholarship money from the Deans merit based scholarship! The interview was very laid back and it made me feel at home even though I was very nervous. Good luck to everyone!
Hi! did you find out about the scholarship in the same email of your acceptance?

Has anyone that interviewed on 11/19 heard anything back yet?

Has anyone that interviewed on 11/19 heard anything back yet?
I interviewed on 11/17 and just heard back tonight that I was accepted! So I'm guessing you will probably hear back soon next week. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed on 11/17 and just heard back tonight that I was accepted! So I'm guessing you will probably hear back soon next week. Good luck!
I just heard back and was accepted as well!! Congratulations!

Reactions: 3 users
has anyone gotten an II here recently/know if they’re still sending any out?

Has anyone put down a deposit for Drexel yet? If yes, what made you pick it over other schools you may have gotten into? I’m having a hard time choosing between two programs so just want to see what others are thinking!

Has anyone put down a deposit for Drexel yet? If yes, what made you pick it over other schools you may have gotten into? I’m having a hard time choosing between two programs so just want to see what others are thinking!
lol yes do share if anyone has decided

I am honestly having a really hard time choosing a medical school. Drexel is closest to my fiance and family support/ I have a few friends in Drexel already. However reading online, I have seen ALOT of negative press bc of the hospital closing. That being said there is a bunch of support on the other side saying the media is blowing things way out of proportion... I just want all fields of medicine to be an open door, I want research/ unique community service projects, and a good supportive faculty, as well as a for sure spot for residency (I am not particularly interested in ending up at Reading). Also I would like my clinical rotations to be do-able and not feel like I am missing out on anything. I have read some specialities are not accredited at Reading. Could an M4 or someone that has had an actual experience at Drexel please help me decide. My other options are Rush and Loyola, however Drexel's history really has a special place in my heart.

I am honestly having a really hard time choosing a medical school. Drexel is closest to my fiance and family support/ I have a few friends in Drexel already. However reading online, I have seen ALOT of negative press bc of the hospital closing. That being said there is a bunch of support on the other side saying the media is blowing things way out of proportion... I just want all fields of medicine to be an open door, I want research/ unique community service projects, and a good supportive faculty, as well as a for sure spot for residency (I am not particularly interested in ending up at Reading). Also I would like my clinical rotations to be do-able and not feel like I am missing out on anything. I have read some specialities are not accredited at Reading. Could an M4 or someone that has had an actual experience at Drexel please help me decide. My other options are Rush and Loyola, however Drexel's history really has a special place in my heart.
Hi! This thread is specifically for Drexel's DPT program, so we won't have the answers you're looking for here. Good luck with your decision!