Drexel vs. Albany med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey All, I need help trying to figure out which has better academic reputation, and good environment. I live in the South so distance is far for all of them. The Tuitions for each schools are high with minimal differences. I like them all but I need a more concrete reason to choose one over another. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Out of the 3, I would pick Drexel. More research opportunities and located in a fun city.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey All, I need help trying to figure out which has better academic reputation, and good environment. I live in the South so distance is far for all of them. The Tuitions for each schools are high with minimal differences. I like them all but I need a more concrete reason to choose one over another. Thanks in advance!
I’m at Wayne, graduated from Philly, and have a mentor at Albany. We’re literally all the same lol. Reputation wise, Drexel might be more well known because it’s in Philly. But that’s very minute for residency. If you’re not from a T-20, the name of your school won’t give you a leg up. That’ll be your job to wow them with that awesome step score and LORs ;)

Reactions: 1 user
I'd go Albany if you're concerned about atmosphere, from what I've heard you're going to have a much tighter, friendlier class simply due to the fact that both Drexel and Wayne have over 250 students per class.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also, what’s your estimated family contribution? If it’s zero, find out how much each school awards their applicants in need-based scholarships. Myself and a decent other OOS students, are getting ~$18-20k a year