Drexel vs Temple DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetlax

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to both Temple and Drexel. I am trying to make sure i make the best decision and was wondering if anyone can give me any useful feedback :) Temple is a 3 year program opposed to Drexel's 2.5 year program. I'm not sure if i have talked to biased people, but it seems that Temple is seen as the more prestigious school. I'm split!

Members don't see this ad.

I have been accepted to both Temple and Drexel. I am trying to make sure i make the best decision and was wondering if anyone can give me any useful feedback :) Temple is a 3 year program opposed to Drexel's 2.5 year program. I'm not sure if i have talked to biased people, but it seems that Temple is seen as the more prestigious school. I'm split!

Use something other than "prestige" as a criterion on which to base your choice of which school to attend.

I am from Philly and was accepted to both programs. I personally had Temple ranked higher than Drexel. Emphasis on "personal". I thought the relatively new medical facility and library was a big "one upper" for Temple. The faculty at Temple does appear to be more well known, but I don't know if that translates into a better education. Drexel, in my opinion, has a better location(safety-wise). That said, those I know and have spoken to have stated that Temple's location is not an issue for them.

Here are a list of items I think one should consider when deciding which school to go to:
-Cost(negligible for these two programs)
-Curriculum
-Clinical Education(# of weeks, clinical sites, travel)
-Faculty(emphasis on research and progression of the field)
-NPTE pass Rates(95% or above first time pass rate)
-Networking(Unfortunately what you know is not always as important as who you know; keep in mind that the DPT process is only 3 years and you have an entire life and career ahead of you. Continue to be a forward thinker and think about the short and long term prospects of your academic and clinical career).

I am sure I am missing some items, but this should cover it for now. Best of luck in your decision making process!

Reactions: 1 user
I am from Philly and was accepted to both programs. I personally had Temple ranked higher than Drexel. Emphasis on "personal". I thought the relatively new medical facility and library was a big "one upper" for Temple. The faculty at Temple does appear to be more well known, but I don't know if that translates into a better education. Drexel, in my opinion, has a better location(safety-wise). That said, those I know and have spoken to have stated that Temple's location is not an issue for them.

Here are a list of items I think one should consider when deciding which school to go to:
-Cost(negligible for these two programs)
-Curriculum
-Clinical Education(# of weeks, clinical sites, travel)
-Faculty(emphasis on research and progression of the field)
-NPTE pass Rates(95% or above first time pass rate)
-Networking(Unfortunately what you know is not always as important as who you know; keep in mind that the DPT process is only 3 years and you have an entire life and career ahead of you. Continue to be a forward thinker and think about the short and long term prospects of your academic and clinical career).

I am sure I am missing some items, but this should cover it for now. Best of luck in your decision making process!
Did you graduate from the DPT program already? I recently was accepted to Temple.