Drexel vs Temple DPT

Started by sweetlax
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sweetlax

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been accepted to both Temple and Drexel. I am trying to make sure i make the best decision and was wondering if anyone can give me any useful feedback 🙂 Temple is a 3 year program opposed to Drexel's 2.5 year program. I'm not sure if i have talked to biased people, but it seems that Temple is seen as the more prestigious school. I'm split!
 
I have been accepted to both Temple and Drexel. I am trying to make sure i make the best decision and was wondering if anyone can give me any useful feedback 🙂 Temple is a 3 year program opposed to Drexel's 2.5 year program. I'm not sure if i have talked to biased people, but it seems that Temple is seen as the more prestigious school. I'm split!


Use something other than "prestige" as a criterion on which to base your choice of which school to attend.
 
I am from Philly and was accepted to both programs. I personally had Temple ranked higher than Drexel. Emphasis on "personal". I thought the relatively new medical facility and library was a big "one upper" for Temple. The faculty at Temple does appear to be more well known, but I don't know if that translates into a better education. Drexel, in my opinion, has a better location(safety-wise). That said, those I know and have spoken to have stated that Temple's location is not an issue for them.

Here are a list of items I think one should consider when deciding which school to go to:
-Cost(negligible for these two programs)
-Curriculum
-Clinical Education(# of weeks, clinical sites, travel)
-Faculty(emphasis on research and progression of the field)
-NPTE pass Rates(95% or above first time pass rate)
-Networking(Unfortunately what you know is not always as important as who you know; keep in mind that the DPT process is only 3 years and you have an entire life and career ahead of you. Continue to be a forward thinker and think about the short and long term prospects of your academic and clinical career).

I am sure I am missing some items, but this should cover it for now. Best of luck in your decision making process!
 
I am from Philly and was accepted to both programs. I personally had Temple ranked higher than Drexel. Emphasis on "personal". I thought the relatively new medical facility and library was a big "one upper" for Temple. The faculty at Temple does appear to be more well known, but I don't know if that translates into a better education. Drexel, in my opinion, has a better location(safety-wise). That said, those I know and have spoken to have stated that Temple's location is not an issue for them.

Here are a list of items I think one should consider when deciding which school to go to:
-Cost(negligible for these two programs)
-Curriculum
-Clinical Education(# of weeks, clinical sites, travel)
-Faculty(emphasis on research and progression of the field)
-NPTE pass Rates(95% or above first time pass rate)
-Networking(Unfortunately what you know is not always as important as who you know; keep in mind that the DPT process is only 3 years and you have an entire life and career ahead of you. Continue to be a forward thinker and think about the short and long term prospects of your academic and clinical career).

I am sure I am missing some items, but this should cover it for now. Best of luck in your decision making process!
Did you graduate from the DPT program already? I recently was accepted to Temple.