Drop: No Drop - Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yappy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking physics along with 3 other science classes. I have A's right now in these other three classes... (2 bio classes 1 chem classes) BUT I am really doing poorly in physics. Most other students are as well... we're talking 40% class averages. Should I drop the class if I'm going to get a C? My overall gpa isnt really great - 3.3-3.4. I have a huge upward trend and have got mostly all A's for 2+ years but this is oging to wreck it. The only prob is if I drop i'll have a W and only be taking 10 credits. I plan to apply next cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Ahh! Weird coincidence, I came on the forum tonight to read about other peoples experiences with physics.

I'm taking it for the first time (honestly had no idea what the class was even about before the first day) and I'm doing horribly. Whats worse is that I am understanding the material.. just not until a week after the exam. (I overloaded this semester)

I thought about dropping but what I'm going to do instead is stick with the class this semester, do as well as I can, and take the class again next semester. Kind of definitely sucks, especially since it's going to throw off my track.. But worth it in the long run.

Good luck with whatever you decide!