Drop or not to drop?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diva_rm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone this is my first post here, and I kinda have a dilemma. I graduated 3 years ago with a BS in zoology, 2.89 GPA (I know that’s not good). So after I graduated I started working at a biotech/pharm company as a Process engineer(42-47 hrs/week), I decided that I wanted to go to pharmacy school, I talked to some advisors and they told me to retake the classes I got D's and C's in, which is what I have been doing for the last year. Here is my problem this semester retook genetics and analytical chem. The chem. class is fine but the genetics class is not going too well I have a C/C- so far with a final on Thursday. Should I drop and take it again which would be the 3rd time. Another reason that I want to drop is because the teacher offers a day to retake one of your old exams which would help me very much, but I have to travel out of town for my job for training that I can not miss. I have asked him if I can take it earlier but he said no :( So I don't know what to do, what looks worse a WP or a C. I have never dropped a class before

Members don't see this ad.

if you never have dropped a class b4, I don't think it's that bad..I personally have 2Ws on my transcript. One of the W was dropped on week 10 because of a personal issue (I go by quarter system)..it's your call, but yeah, you don't want C.

Hi everyone this is my first post here, and I kinda have a dilemma. I graduated 3 years ago with a BS in zoology, 2.89 GPA (I know that’s not good). So after I graduated I started working at a biotech/pharm company as a Process engineer(42-47 hrs/week), I decided that I wanted to go to pharmacy school, I talked to some advisors and they told me to retake the classes I got D's and C's in, which is what I have been doing for the last year. Here is my problem this semester retook genetics and analytical chem. The chem. class is fine but the genetics class is not going too well I have a C/C- so far with a final on Thursday. Should I drop and take it again which would be the 3rd time. Another reason that I want to drop is because the teacher offers a day to retake one of your old exams which would help me very much, but I have to travel out of town for my job for training that I can not miss. I have asked him if I can take it earlier but he said no :( So I don't know what to do, what looks worse a WP or a C. I have never dropped a class before

It's not bad to drop a course, but I would seriously suggest minimizing the amount of withdrawals from courses that you have. Having a smaller number of withdrawals will also leave you with one less thing to worry about during the admissions cycle. However, if you don't need the genetics course for the school(s) that you are interested in applying to, I wouldn't bother with it.

I would probably take the C at that point, I mean if you take it a third time do you think the outcome would be different?