drop outs?

Started by 9876543210
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Some people drop out b/c they can't handle the workload. Some drop out for personal reasons. I'm going to say it's mostly because people fail out, not voluntarily drop out.
 
Some people drop out b/c they can't handle the workload. Some drop out for personal reasons. I'm going to say it's mostly because people fail out, not voluntarily drop out.

SUNY estimates 6 people will drop out by graduation. 4 for personal reasons and 2 unwillingly. I believe those are the #s.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SUNY estimates 6 people will drop out by graduation. 4 for personal reasons and 2 unwillingly. I believe those are the #s.

Interesting. I'm not sure if SCO does an estimate like that. My class has lost three people and it doesn't look like we'll lose any more.. I hope not anyway.
 
Interesting. I'm not sure if SCO does an estimate like that. My class has lost three people and it doesn't look like we'll lose any more.. I hope not anyway.

So far we have had one leave for personal reasons. Hopefully no others but time will tell.
 
i wonder how many optometry students play the lottery...

Optometry students, professors, attendings, ophthalmologists, staff, opticians, and even the lawn care people!!! Trust me, "$1 and a dream" philosophy never goes away LOL!