Dropped Classes.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do I even have a chance to get into UCSF?

• yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ngodoctors

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm a nineteen year old pre-pharm (aspiring) student who just settled on this major and career choice. I, however, have been recently working and the hours are a bit unrealistic and I haven't been able to properly do my work in class.

I've already dropped two classes this year (one during spring semester and another during this one), but I feel that I might have to drop another class because it's going to affect my GPA immensely.

I'm really shooting for UCSF, but after I drop these classes there are a total of three dropped classes. I plan to quit my job very soon so I can go to school full time....

Do I even have a chance???

Members don't see this ad.

It is so early in the game you might as well be asking if you've blown your chance to be President.

And no, Ws won't matter.

Hi I'm a nineteen year old pre-pharm (aspiring) student who just settled on this major and career choice. I, however, have been recently working and the hours are a bit unrealistic and I haven't been able to properly do my work in class.

I've already dropped two classes this year (one during spring semester and another during this one), but I feel that I might have to drop another class because it's going to affect my GPA immensely.

I'm really shooting for UCSF, but after I drop these classes there are a total of three dropped classes. I plan to quit my job very soon so I can go to school full time....

Do I even have a chance???

It is so early in the game you might as well be asking if you've blown your chance to be President.

And no, Ws won't matter.
Won't it though? I keep hearing about how W's will just make you look horrible which makes them want to disregard.... I just wanted to retake for a better grade...

:/

I'm just a bit scared because I've never wanted anything like this or stressed myself over anything, but this.

I remember when I was your age being appalled after a pre-med friend told me that SUNY Stony Brook treated Ws as Fs on app forms. believe me, things have changed.

Dropping an entire semester looks better than 1 W every other semester, which does come across as trying to salvage one's GPA.

So quit fussing!

Won't it though? I keep hearing about how W's will just make you look horrible which makes them want to disregard.... I just wanted to retake for a better grade...

:/

I'm just a bit scared because I've never wanted anything like this or stressed myself over anything, but this.