Do I even have a chance to get into UCSF?

• yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sep 25, 2014
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hi I'm a nineteen year old pre-pharm (aspiring) student who just settled on this major and career choice. I, however, have been recently working and the hours are a bit unrealistic and I haven't been able to properly do my work in class.

I've already dropped two classes this year (one during spring semester and another during this one), but I feel that I might have to drop another class because it's going to affect my GPA immensely.

I'm really shooting for UCSF, but after I drop these classes there are a total of three dropped classes. I plan to quit my job very soon so I can go to school full time....

Do I even have a chance???

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
It is so early in the game you might as well be asking if you've blown your chance to be President.

And no, Ws won't matter.

Hi I'm a nineteen year old pre-pharm (aspiring) student who just settled on this major and career choice. I, however, have been recently working and the hours are a bit unrealistic and I haven't been able to properly do my work in class.

I've already dropped two classes this year (one during spring semester and another during this one), but I feel that I might have to drop another class because it's going to affect my GPA immensely.

I'm really shooting for UCSF, but after I drop these classes there are a total of three dropped classes. I plan to quit my job very soon so I can go to school full time....

Do I even have a chance???

OP
N
Sep 25, 2014
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
It is so early in the game you might as well be asking if you've blown your chance to be President.

And no, Ws won't matter.
Won't it though? I keep hearing about how W's will just make you look horrible which makes them want to disregard.... I just wanted to retake for a better grade...

:/

I'm just a bit scared because I've never wanted anything like this or stressed myself over anything, but this.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
I remember when I was your age being appalled after a pre-med friend told me that SUNY Stony Brook treated Ws as Fs on app forms. believe me, things have changed.

Dropping an entire semester looks better than 1 W every other semester, which does come across as trying to salvage one's GPA.

So quit fussing!

Won't it though? I keep hearing about how W's will just make you look horrible which makes them want to disregard.... I just wanted to retake for a better grade...

:/

I'm just a bit scared because I've never wanted anything like this or stressed myself over anything, but this.