dropped classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

christinaf

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At the beginning of college I dropped more than a few classes due to not meeting financial needs, working full-time, etc. In the past year I have gotten my **** together, but I am concerned that I may have already blown my chances of getting into pharmacy school. Currently I hold a 3.2 gpa and have about 2 years left on my undergrad degree. How heavily will these dropped classes weigh on my chances of getting into pharm school. I dropped 6!!!
 
christinaf said:
At the beginning of college I dropped more than a few classes due to not meeting financial needs, working full-time, etc. In the past year I have gotten my **** together, but I am concerned that I may have already blown my chances of getting into pharmacy school. Currently I hold a 3.2 gpa and have about 2 years left on my undergrad degree. How heavily will these dropped classes weigh on my chances of getting into pharm school. I dropped 6!!!

I think you'll be just fine. You have a 3.2 already, with 2 years remaining. Just continue the upward trend in your GPA. 🙂
 
Maybe thats something you would explain in a personal statement or interview. But since you have been improving your gpa and havent dropped classes since then, you might be ok, since you are showing improved dedication and good grades.
 
I agree. Don't worry about it. I am in the same boat as you. I your are in the same boat as me. I think showing improvement and that you have changed is very important.

Chris