Dropped Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

purfictgpa

I was just wondering how dental schools look upon dropped classes? When i first started undergrad at a community college I had withdrawn from semesters, and just dropped classses that i didn't want to take. So I have several from the beginning. What will they think of those dropped classes on my transcripts? They haunt me to this day!

If anyone is in the same boat let me know!

Thanks

Kristopher

Members don't see this ad.

Does it show a withdrawn or incomplete on your transcript? Incompletes look bad. Too many withdrawns can look bad especially if they are in prereqs. How many are we talking about?

purfictgpa said:
I was just wondering how dental schools look upon dropped classes? When i first started undergrad at a community college I had withdrawn from semesters, and just dropped classses that i didn't want to take. So I have several from the beginning. What will they think of those dropped classes on my transcripts? They haunt me to this day!

If anyone is in the same boat let me know!

Thanks

Kristopher

Focus on your GPA and DAT scores. Dropped classes can be explained in the interview.

If sufficient time has passed between then and now I don't think it will be a big deal at all. After all, adcoms now that most people are rather young when they start out in college and mistakes are bound to happen. If your transcript looks much better following those first semesters then that will bode well in your favor too. Don't sweat it, and as busupshot83 said, if it comes up in an interview you can easily explain it away.