Dropping a class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strawberr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think it'd be an issue if I drop a non prerequisite class? I'm finding it hard to travel to all these interviews and take 5 classes and have three labs.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone think it'd be an issue if I drop a non prerequisite class? I'm finding it hard to travel to all these interviews and take 5 classes and have three labs.

yes, you have to take the exact classes that you put on AADSAS. gluck.

How will it appear on your transcript? At my school, this late in the semester, it will show up as a 'W' (withdrawal). And that doesn't bode well with the admissions committee!

Members don't see this ad :)

is it past your drop date yet? at my ug, the drop dates were like mid october.

if your date hasn't passed yet, you won't get a W on your transcript so it won't even show up

How will it appear on your transcript? At my school, this late in the semester, it will show up as a 'W' (withdrawal). And that doesn't bode well with the admissions committee!

Thats not true. W's aren't average into your transcript or by ADEA calculations. 1 or two W's are fine just don't make a habit out of it.

Just make sure its an actual "W". "WU", "WF" are avearged into your gpa I believe.

is it past your drop date yet? at my ug, the drop dates were like mid october.

if your date hasn't passed yet, you won't get a W on your transcript so it won't even show up

Thats not true. W's aren't average into your transcript or by ADEA calculations. 1 or two W's are fine just don't make a habit out of it.

Just make sure its an actual "W". "WU", "WF" are avearged into your gpa I believe.

Agreed, I don't think 1 W will make a difference.

it won't actually say W on my transcript! It won't say anything actually. It'll just disappear as if I never took the class. I was more so worried just because I wrote on my AADSAS application that I was taking 5 classes, and if I drop it and don't replace it with another class then it'll be 4. So I wasn't sure if it would look really bad if it was now 4.

it won't actually say W on my transcript! It won't say anything actually. It'll just disappear as if I never took the class. I was more so worried just because I wrote on my AADSAS application that I was taking 5 classes, and if I drop it and don't replace it with another class then it'll be 4. So I wasn't sure if it would look really bad if it was now 4.

I wouldn't worry about it. You're stressed enough as it is.

No way.

It won't affect, but just let the schools know?