Dropping a class...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USAF_Dentman

Go!! Get to da choppa!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This semester, I signed up for a Biotech course..I didnt think it would be that hard, but unfortunately I was wrong..

Basically, there are only 14 students in the class and 8 are graduate students who have are taken other genetics/biotech courses..

I find myself studying just to barely keep up..

I have an exam this week, but what if I have to drop the class, I really dont want anything below a 'B' or my GPA would get screwed up..I would have a 'W' on my record, though..

How bad would this look?

Members don't see this ad.

depends...what year are you?...if you do drop a class and receive a W, I find that if you retake the class at a later time and make an A then the adcoms will not mind...however, anything below that or if you do not attempt to take it over then it looks a little fishy...So, if you think you can pull off a C it is better to get the C and retake it later to try and pull it up than to receive a W and try and pull that up. I have one W and retook the class and got an A..they never mentioned this

From how i see it, getting a W is not that big of a deal. But making it a habit is quite dangerous.
That's just in my opinion, and since i don't have any W's on my transcript i could be wrong.

berryfremont said:
depends...what year are you?...if you do drop a class and receive a W, I find that if you retake the class at a later time and make an A then the adcoms will not mind...however, anything below that or if you do not attempt to take it over then it looks a little fishy...So, if you think you can pull off a C it is better to get the C and retake it later to try and pull it up than to receive a W and try and pull that up. I have one W and retook the class and got an A..they never mentioned this

Im a Junior, btw