Dropping a lab

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by jmcunnin, 09.30.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. jmcunnin

jmcunnin 2+ Year Member

Would you advise dropping a lab that I might expect a C in? I'm a non traditional taking prereqs (Bio, Chem, and both labs). I have an A in all the classes except the Chemistry lab. I think I have about a low B right now. The teacher is rough, and it's just hard as hell overall. I think I can manage a C (hopefully better), but would any of you suggest dropping it or just sticking with it? It's only one credit hour so I figured it wouldn't hurt too bad. Any suggestions?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. cacajuate

cacajuate 2+ Year Member

Depends on how many other Ws you have on your transcript.

4. jmcunnin

jmcunnin 2+ Year Member

I have quite a few unfortunately. I spoke with an admissions counselor who told me not to worry too much about them, but of course that was probably because those Ws are from my undergrad which was 6+ years ago when I was young and dumb haha. And the upward trend was a lot better. 3.4 GPA in undergrad, 3.7 GPA in my MBA with no dropped classes, etc. Not sure how a W would look now though. I think I'm just going to stick it out and see what happens...I can't always avoid tough teachers

About the ads