Dropping all classes before pharmacy school acceptance

Started by pharma012
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharma012

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If we have completed all pre-requisites, is it okay to drop all the non-required classes we are taking while waiting to hear back from pharmacy schools? So, basically, I'm trying to find out if it is okay to withdraw from our current university while waiting to hear back from pharmacy schools, esp if we're not getting a degree.

Any and all input is appreciated.
 
I personally wouldn't do it. I think that it could come off as you being lazy, as if you did the bare minimum so now you don't have to work hard anymore.
 
I would recommend waiting for that acceptance. Once you have an acceptance to matriculate in the fall, if you want to withdraw, go for it. But only go for it if you have a specific objective in mind like earning money to pay for school or backpacking through europe. But if all you plan to do is watch tv and party... stay in school.