Dropping class after matriculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pienfoo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

does anyone know if dropping your classes (non pre-req) would affect your acceptance, specifically for PCO, after you've matriculated? i've already gradudated and was taking some classes at a JC to stay "academically active". i've pretty much dropped everything except for anatomy (not a prereq), and im dying to drop it. the counselors said if it's not a pre-req then it should be fine, but Im wondering if anyone has run into trouble bc of this? thanks : )

Members don't see this ad.

I actually asked them this question as well and they told me that they stronglyyyyyyyyyyyy recommend I don't drop the course even though it isn't a prereq course. So if you're already accepted I would just call and ask them. I mean it can't hurt you now to ask... it can only hurt you later if you don't ask...

I'm still waiting to hear from them so we'll see. If they don't accept me I'm dropping the course period because ICO doesn't care if I take the course or not and that is where I'll end up going.

yeah the counselor told me it's okay to drop it and to write them an email saying why im dropping it. that it's okay if it's for financial and not academic reasons. Since it's only the 2nd week into the course I told them it's conflicting w/ my work schedule too much and I increased my work hours significantly due to a load of credit card debt that i need to pay off. i haven't heard of anyone getting their acceptance rescinded (that would really, really suck) bc they dropped a class prior to school starting, so hopefully it's alrite. arg

I dropped out of school the day after I was accepted to my school. But-- Before I did, I called the admissions department and asked them if that would affect my admission. They said no, so I dropped out of school.

(I already have an engineering degree was was taking 1 biochemistry class.)

My case is different, I guess, but just wanted to throw it out there.