Dropping Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sinoirilax

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hay wsup. I'm a second year at UCLA and I was just wondering.. if i drop a useless class such as Astronomy (useless because I'm a biology major) will that have a profound impact on my chances of getting into any pharmacy school?

PS. Since I am dropping it at the 5th week (out of 10) it will be recorded on my transcript.

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think it has much an effect as if you dropped a class that was needed as a prerequisite or one needed for your major but its always best to try and avoid it if one can help it. On a high note though I have a friend who got into the University at Buffalo Pharmacy school who dropped 3 classes (they were all electives though). Hope that helps =)

Members don't see this ad :)
so receiving a w is usually looked down upon by pharm schools im assuming?

Hay wsup. I'm a second year at UCLA and I was just wondering.. if i drop a useless class such as Astronomy (useless because I'm a biology major) will that have a profound impact on my chances of getting into any pharmacy school?

PS. Since I am dropping it at the 5th week (out of 10) it will be recorded on my transcript.
It will look bad if you drop the class even though it is a useless class. I would not drop it but try to have an A on it.

how about receiving a pass/no pass grade on it instead of a letter grade? would that suffice?