Dropping Classes

Started by sinoirilax
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sinoirilax

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hay wsup. I'm a second year at UCLA and I was just wondering.. if i drop a useless class such as Astronomy (useless because I'm a biology major) will that have a profound impact on my chances of getting into any pharmacy school?

PS. Since I am dropping it at the 5th week (out of 10) it will be recorded on my transcript.
 
I dont think it has much an effect as if you dropped a class that was needed as a prerequisite or one needed for your major but its always best to try and avoid it if one can help it. On a high note though I have a friend who got into the University at Buffalo Pharmacy school who dropped 3 classes (they were all electives though). Hope that helps =)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so receiving a w is usually looked down upon by pharm schools im assuming?
 
Hay wsup. I'm a second year at UCLA and I was just wondering.. if i drop a useless class such as Astronomy (useless because I'm a biology major) will that have a profound impact on my chances of getting into any pharmacy school?

PS. Since I am dropping it at the 5th week (out of 10) it will be recorded on my transcript.
It will look bad if you drop the class even though it is a useless class. I would not drop it but try to have an A on it.
 
how about receiving a pass/no pass grade on it instead of a letter grade? would that suffice?