Drug Literature on Tekturna (Aliskiren)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sunwarrior86

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I am doing a health career internship at my college in which I will recieve credit for being a pharmacy tech. One of the requirements I must do is to research a topic and write a paper. I chose to research the renin-inhibitor Tekturna (aliskiren) because I have not read a lot of literature on it, and I was wondering if anyone has read any stellar literature (and might have links or places I could find out) about this med. Thanks for the help!
 
start here:

http://www.tekturna.com:80/index.jsp?usertrack.filter_applied=true&NovaId=2229644986713836015

its the official tekturna site. You can click on prescribing information, which will give you a download. Inside that prescribing information, there will be clinical studies which have been submitted to the FDA which helped with the approval process. You can go to those studies, which were probably funded by the tekturna folks, but nonetheless, were used for approval.

That should be adequate for the purposes you're looking for, I think.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks to all for your help. WVUPharm2007, that is interesting. I was talking with a MD who is on staff in our Biology department, and he said that usually the more upstream you treat a particular disease, the more you are wandering into not knowing the particular effects of doing so (i.e in this case the effect of inhibiting renin from converting angiotensinogen into ang-I) This will be some interesting research. Thanks again to all for your help