Drug Modeling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Hunter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm 30 years old pharmacist, want to change the retail path ...

What do you think about drug modeling master? what career prospect does it have? MSc is enough or I should get a phd? Almost all of the people I have met are working in academia !!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello guys,

I'm 30 years old pharmacist, want to change the retail path ...

What do you think about drug modeling master? what career prospect does it have? MSc is enough or I should get a phd? Almost all of the people I have met are working in academia !!

Everyone that I've seen has a PhD in Organic Chem, Bioengineering, Pharmacology, etc. For a career as specialized as this, I feel like you will have to pursue the academia path and generate your own funding through grants... are you about that life? I think your best bet is obtaining a PhD in pharmacology, as you also open doors in the pharma industry. It is uncommon that a PharmD alone gains you a research position, not a serious one anyways.

Reactions: 1 user
It is not about organic chemistry, it is more related to computational drug modeling/development/design as these masters:

Drug Discovery and Development - The University of Sunderland
MSc Drug Design
Drug Design - MSc - Canterbury - The University of Kent

I know some basic stuff from my BSc, but I am really interested, pharmacology too is cool and I am good at it, but less interesting for me ...

So I understood that I should get a phd, but what are the chances for these areas in the industry? is it easy to get a job? what is the beginning salary? What is the competition in Drug modeling compared to organic chemistry and pharmacology

Thanks