Drug Software For Laptop

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSeanieB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My med school has integrated working 4 hours every two weeks in with a local internist into the 1st year cirriculum. This is the first year they are doing this. I did this for the first time today with one week of med school under my belt. The internist immediately had me start taking patient histories.

So my question is, is there any sort of software that I can download onto my laptop that will allow me to look up medications? Many patient could not tell me the exact name of the medication they were on. Others had the name of the generic.

I should mention that I do not have a smart phone and do not have internet access on my computer in the doctor's office.

Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not aware of a program on the laptop that's available offline that would do what you described. However I have heard of people without smart phones using IPod touches that they have downloaded Epocrates on for such purposes. You could probably pick a used one up off of ebay relatively cheaply.