Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Drug test

Discussion in 'Pre-Podiatry Students' started by Zmoody33, May 16, 2007.

1. I was wondering if I needed to bring my prescription to any interviews that I may have, because I sprained my ankle the other day and I'm not sure if they drug test?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr. Gangrene

Dr. Gangrene AZPOD 2011
    Moderator Emeritus

Podiatry Student
    I test drugs all the time, but not officially for any school :laugh: (SARCASM)

4. Feli

Feli ACFAS Member

Attending Physician
    When you start clinics, you can bet you will be drug tested, but, no, I'm not aware of any schools that test upon admissions. Most of them will do a background check, though.

If you even have to ask this (and at 4AM?), I'm not sure you're ready for a pod program. Also, keep in mind that this forum might be viewed by more than just students...

5. Dr_Feelgood

Dr_Feelgood Guest

Podiatry Student
    :beat: I agree. My thought is if you are going to spend over $150K on school why risk it? Even posting a comment like this risks a lot. Cyberspace is not as anonymous as many people think. We've discussed this before but it has been awhile, I advise everyone to watch what you say. This would have been a better question to PM; wait a week and you'll find this thread on google.

6. jonwill

jonwill Podiatrist
    Podiatrist Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    I don't know, they haven't arrested you or gusty yet :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

7. Dr. Gangrene

Dr. Gangrene AZPOD 2011
    Moderator Emeritus

Podiatry Student
    It looks like our posts don't make sense any more. The op has changed what he originally posted.

8. IlizaRob

IlizaRob IlizaRob-erator
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    Hey Gangrene,

I noted that you are now contemplating between DPM and DO. It will be sad if we lost you, but hope you end up where you will be most happy. Good luck with your decision and let us know what you end up doing. :thumbup:

9. Dr. Gangrene

Dr. Gangrene AZPOD 2011
    Moderator Emeritus

Podiatry Student
    I am DPM all the way. I have had a few family "issues" very recently, so I posted on the pre-osteo board some hypothetical questions. Really, I was seeing how competitive I would be d.o. wise if this year dpm did not pan out. I finally learned to look past school to what I will actually be doing, and dpm is what I want. I went and read those other posts after I saw that you put this post, and it sounds like I am in a deep debate.
    I have chosen dpm, am happy with it, but was getting info in case my family stuff stopped me this year.

Thnks for the support.

Also, the one concern I had was resolved. Thnaks

10. IlizaRob

IlizaRob IlizaRob-erator
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    Well its good to have you back then, or at least good to know that you never left. Good luck with everything.