Drug Test???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfactant

Al Herpin
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When do most schools give drug tests to their new students? I am interested in how this works at CCOM

Members don't see this ad.

stop smoking whatever you're smoking and you'll be good to go :D

if it's more than smoking, do us all a favor and don't matriculate

+1 If it's marijuana why can't you stop for a month or two? If it's something else it probably wouldn't be appropriate for you to go to medical school.

Members don't see this ad :)
any real answers would be appericated

I am not aware of any schools that drug test you before you enter the preclinical curriculum. But I am pretty sure every school will eventually drug test you sometime during your second year before you go onto the wards 3rd and 4th year. Stop smoking crack

I am not aware of any schools that drug test you before you enter the preclinical curriculum. But I am pretty sure every school will eventually drug test you sometime during your second year before you go onto the wards 3rd and 4th year. Stop smoking crack

thanks for the REAL info. by the way i dont smoke crack i freebase cocaine :laugh:

Everyone bashes every OP that starts a thread like this, but the fact is that there is a list of schools that drug test at the beginning of the osteo msar book. It being there is kind of weird if you ask me. But it is.

I think we can all agree that pot should be legal. $$$ dictates the status quo.

album-smoke-em-if-you-got-em.jpg

I thought most schools drug test prior to matriculation? LMU-DCOM does for the record.

stop smoking whatever you're smoking and you'll be good to go :D

if it's more than smoking, do us all a favor and don't matriculate

What's with the casual attitude toward illegal activities?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't know about CCOM, but DCOM requires a drug test before you start school as part of the health forms you have to get filled out/taken care of. But you just go whenever you want to get it done....if CCOM hasn't said anything about it, I doubt they require one, and will probably just drug test you before clinicals. Most schools/hospitals/jobs etc. reserve the right to "drug test at random" though, so keep that in mind.

i appericate all of you who kept to the tread and didnt make some judgement call. by the way marge reading some of your posts you seem real up tight and bitter... easy up.

Nope sorry, Christian here.

No offense, but referring to religion to explain your morals is pretty cowardly and weak. It's like doing community service because your scripture tells you to, as opposed to doing it willingly because you want to help people. There's a difference... just saiyan.

11738-ssj_goku_super.jpg

No offense, but referring to religion to explain your morals is pretty cowardly and weak. It's like doing community service because your scripture tells you to, as opposed to doing it willingly because you want to help people. There's a difference... just saiyan.

I feel like I have seen this scenario before. Haha.

Didn't the bible explicitly state,"thou shall not torrent?"

:)

I am not aware of any schools that drug test you before you enter the preclinical curriculum.

LECOM-Bradenton, and I'm assuming LECOM in general had us do a 10-panel urine Drug Screening as part of our Matriculation requirements that was due on April 30th. So some schools definitely due require it prior to matriculation. Best of luck to everyone!