drug testing during interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Oreo Milk Shake

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone in one of my classes told me they drug test during interviews. I was like yeah right, but he seemed to act serious about. So, do they drug test you? I highly doubt it, but there might be a possibility. I have an interview at Idaho State U so far.

Thanks for your answers, good luck everyone!
 
Someone in one of my classes told me they drug test during interviews. I was like yeah right, but he seemed to act serious about. So, do they drug test you? I highly doubt it, but there might be a possibility. I have an interview at Idaho State U so far.

Thanks for your answers, good luck everyone!


I would like to know which interview it is that your friend is talking about. I highly doubt that they would drug test during any professional school interview. Maybe for a job interview but I've never seen anyone tested during an actual interview, only after an interview for a conditional offer. I can see why they would do it though. I mean some students can get an advantage over others if they take unprescribed anxiety pills or adhd pills.
 
I doubt it... drug testing would cost the school too much money than they're willing to spend considering that they don't know if they'll even accept you yet
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard that LIU does drug testing prior to starting classes, but not right after interviews. I'm quite sure that a lot of the applicants use some form of medication to control anxiety. The benzo drugs(xanax, ativan, valium) are not as effective as some good old fashioned non-selective beta blockers (propranolol).
 
The benzo drugs(xanax, ativan, valium) are not as effective as some good old fashioned non-selective beta blockers (propranolol).

:laugh:

I had four interviews and no drug tests. I agree it would be too much for the school to handle for the interviews. It would be easier to just make those accepted do it, but none of the schools I applied to required that for acceptance. You just got to pass a TB test.
 
If you are an addict, then being around controlled substances is not the smartest decision.
 
if you have to worry about it then you shouldnt even get an interview
 
I think there should be nothing to worry about even if they offer a drug test during the interview process (I haven't encountered one before). However, the only thing I would want to refrain from is any food (i.e. muffins, bagels) with poppy seeds as it may lead to a false positive.