Drug Testing/Prescribed Sched II

Started by calinacain
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

calinacain

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I did a search and can't find an exact answer to this question:

I was prescribed Vyvanse recently because of concentration issues that were affecting my performance at school. I am a senior and didn't want to ruin everything I've worked for the last 3 years, otherwise I would have just dealt with it.

I was offered a tech position at CVS and had pre-employment drug testing yesterday. Is it legal for them to deny me employment because I am prescribed a Schedule II drug? Will this affect my ability to become a pharmacist? Did I ruin everything I've worked for anyway by accepting the prescription??? I fill my prescriptions there, so I guess they can look up the drugs I've been prescribed anyway.
 
Is it legal for them to deny me employment because I am prescribed a Schedule II drug? Will this affect my ability to become a pharmacist? Did I ruin everything I've worked for anyway by accepting the prescription??? I fill my prescriptions there, so I guess they can look up the drugs I've been prescribed anyway.
No.