Drug Testing/Prescribed Sched II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calinacain

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I did a search and can't find an exact answer to this question:

I was prescribed Vyvanse recently because of concentration issues that were affecting my performance at school. I am a senior and didn't want to ruin everything I've worked for the last 3 years, otherwise I would have just dealt with it.

I was offered a tech position at CVS and had pre-employment drug testing yesterday. Is it legal for them to deny me employment because I am prescribed a Schedule II drug? Will this affect my ability to become a pharmacist? Did I ruin everything I've worked for anyway by accepting the prescription??? I fill my prescriptions there, so I guess they can look up the drugs I've been prescribed anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it legal for them to deny me employment because I am prescribed a Schedule II drug? Will this affect my ability to become a pharmacist? Did I ruin everything I've worked for anyway by accepting the prescription??? I fill my prescriptions there, so I guess they can look up the drugs I've been prescribed anyway.
No.