Drug Testing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pikachu1998

Reaction score
Do medical schools drug test before starting or during orientation? I read somewhere on SDN that if a school uses CERTIPHI that means you also have a guaranteed drug test. What's the best way to find out? Asking for a friend, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

SDN sure has alot of people asking questions for their friends.

Reactions: 17 users
Do medical schools drug test before starting or during orientation? I read somewhere on SDN that if a school uses CERTIPHI that means you also have a guaranteed drug test. What's the best way to find out? Asking for a friend, thank you.

Tell your "friend" to not do drugs for a little while

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nows the time to mature and stop doing things that would get you kicked out of school. Many schools will drug test before matriculation. Many have a policy where you have to submit to a drug test if there is suspicion of use. Most hospitals will require drug tests before they let you rotate there.

Reactions: 2 users

Damn Pikachu... just give up the drugs. Not a good look for a physician.

Reactions: 2 users

Pika future:

option 1:
592798_1.jpg

option 2:
iw5dvcnqqhlpbq3wx5bc5choou327irg_hq.jpg

Reactions: 14 users
My school did not use certiphi. I got drug tested twice, once before a psych rotation and once before an away rotation. Both times I had 2+ months warning.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
As usual, SDN never fails to amuse me.

haha I know its a bit cliche to "ask for a friend" but I really am! I'm too young for drugs anyway, hence the 1998... Anyway that makes sense. My friend read all the posts. He's hosting a graduation party and was considering smoking a joint or so cause he doesn't start classes until mid-August. Overwhelming response is that's a bad idea, so he'll steer clear! Thank you everyone!

haha I know its a bit cliche to "ask for a friend" but I really am! I'm too young for drugs anyway, hence the 1998... Anyway that makes sense. My friend read all the posts. He's hosting a graduation party and was considering smoking a joint or so cause he doesn't start classes until mid-August. Overwhelming response is that's a bad idea, so he'll steer clear! Thank you everyone!

First bold,

In what world is 20 too young for drugs (not at all encouraging it, just saying that age is probabaly close to the PEAK age for drugs).

Secondly, a first-time weed smoker will clear in 7 days tops, if low fat content even quicker. Even a habitual, obese smoker will clear in 2 months. Just for your information; I guess I shouldn't expect you to know that based on your bolded statement LOL

Reactions: 3 users
First bold,

In what world is 20 too young for drugs (not at all encouraging it, just saying that age is probabaly close to the PEAK age for drugs).

Secondly, a first-time weed smoker will clear in 7 days tops, if low fat content even quicker. Even a habitual, obese smoker will clear in 2 months. Just for your information; I guess I shouldn't expect you to know that based on your bolded statement LOL
I finished HS by 16, undergrad by 19, got a 1 year MPH and am starting med school this fall. I've actually never:
1. Drank (still underage)
2. Smoked cig (underage in my state limit of 21)
3. Drugs

My friend is a bit more wild haha

I finished HS by 16, undergrad by 19, got a 1 year MPH and am starting med school this fall. I've actually never:
1. Drank (still underage)
2. Smoked cig (underage in my state limit of 21)
3. Drugs

My friend is a bit more wild haha
Not sure how your first sentance is relevant. But yeah, reefer madness, man

Reactions: 1 user
Eeep.
My school allows alcohol at school sponsored events and then the post exam socials are always at a bar...
couldn’t imagine not being able to drink lol

Granted...I barely remember what thinks were like not being old enough to drink?