Drugs for Insomnia during pregnancy

Started by La Fiera
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

La Fiera

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I'm an EM resident, I was asked this question by a friend who recently found out she's pregnant, and I can't really give her a good answer.
She's about 4-5 weeks pregnant, and has a hx of Crohn's disease (on Prednisone), she's already taking Benadryl, but says that she can't sleep more than 3-4 hrs a night. The biggest problem is getting to sleep. She doesn't drink any caffeine, but has a lot of anxiety.
All the relaxation exercises etc are not working for her, so she want's something that will work!!!

Temazepam and Ambien are out cause they're class C or worse, so does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!
 
I am an OB resident and we prescribe Ambien all of the time for our pregnant pts that are having a difficult time sleeping.