Drunk Patients

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jambi

Caldari
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I love drunk patients! Just had a patient blow a .379 (a little off from .080). Talk about commitment. The amazing thing is, she was up walking and talking when I got there (still is).

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Jambi - welcome to SDN :D
Yeah thats pretty impressive - Have you seen the ER Hall of Fame thread? There are reports of BAC levels of 800+ :wow: talk about holding your liquor...

Her liver must have been to the hepatic olympics. It sure was holding it's own. Belive it or not, she was up walking around, carrying on and having a gool ol time. The secondary Breath test was .440.

Members don't see this ad :)
Better that you saw her 0.3-0.4 than if she was down low. With a built up tolerance such that she could walk and talk with her level that high, she would have quite the DTs and withdrawal if she hadn't had her ETOH that day.

I actually saw an old patient yesterday that I took care of about 5 yrs ago for gastritis/DTs. Call was for abd pain and he was shaking like a leaf. Couldn't figure out what the deal was with the shaking until I asked his family if he drank ETOH... no one had volunteered any info about his VERY heavy daily alcohol consumption because he wasn't drunk that night. He hadn't been able to keep any food or liquid down due to vomiting!!! Bingo! You vomit. Your brain doesn't get the ETOH. You get the DTs. Good news is the guy is sober and doing really well now.

beanbean, i absolutely love your avatar! i crack up everytime i see it!

:laugh: :love: :laugh: :D

Thanks. I finally got around to putting on up after a couple of years on SDN. You can find the whole picture if you do a google search for "WTF cat"

I have two cats that look just like this one.

Deirdre

Looks like the cat is drunk!!

:laugh: