SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

drunken magistrate

Discussion in 'Step I' started by BrisketAttack, Jun 20, 2008.

1. BrisketAttack

BrisketAttack 2+ Year Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Think anyone's ever been drunk while taking step 1? During 1st year I gave a presentation while I was three sheets to the wind. Drank a few too many at lunch while trying to loosen up. step 1 is another story though. i ask because I was tempted to have a beer before going in there. my nerves were so wacky before the exam. hmmm, i think i'm one of those doctor stats waiting to happen. or maybe even frontpage news "Drunken Surgeon saws off wrong arm, then lovingly reattaches it to wayward wildebeast." That'd be pretty awesome.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. igotshoe

igotshoe 2+ Year Member

Jun 5, 2008
    West Virginia
    ive given a couple of presentations under the influence, informal peer to peer though. i wouldnt recommend a test though, but whatever floats your boat.
  4. 45408

45408 aw buddy 7+ Year Member

Jun 13, 2004
    I think a beta blocker would be a better way to take off the edge.
  5. GynGuy1983

GynGuy1983 C&A Psychiatry Fellow 7+ Year Member

Jun 13, 2008
    Rathke's pouch
    Buspirone or alprozalam would have been the way to go.
  6. MystikBliss

MystikBliss 2+ Year Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Honestly, if having a beer is going to calm you the hell down before the exam, then have a beer. ONE. and i don't think you'll be one of those stats cuz you seem aware that you're a drunkard :D

no but really, only one beer. i would do that if i could, but i would get a headache in the middle of the exam like an ass (happens everytime i drink beer)

...wait. have TWO beers. one to calm me down too. but only two, NO MORE.
  7. VPDcurt

VPDcurt 2K Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Buspirone would have been horrendous. Take it before your presentation and start feeling relaxed 2 weeks later. Besides, it's for GAD.
  8. Anaphylactic

Anaphylactic 2+ Year Member

Jan 28, 2008
    For greater bioavailability, I would recommend IV Heineken.
  9. VPDcurt

VPDcurt 2K Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Seriously. F=1.
  10. Its_MurDAH

Its_MurDAH The DaVinci Savant 10+ Year Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Los Angeles
    u guys are such dorks