dry-erase board

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mstoothlady2012

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been calling the testing center from past few days...but no1 picks up the phone. I just wanted to ask them if they are going to provide paper/pencil...or dry-erase boards. If they say dry-erase board...then i wanna take my own board & markers...if not board then atleast my own markers...since people on SDN have been complaining how thick the tips are. But are we allow to bring our own markers? if some1 can clarify this then that would be great.

Thanks for reading!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you are going to be able to bring your own markers since you aren't supposed to bring anything with you when you go into the test room besides your ID (you put the rest of your stuff in a locker). I know a lot of people are really worried about the marker and dry erase sheet thing, but honestly, if you know to expect them, then you will be fine. My markers did not have a very sharp point, which was made even worse by the fact that I write big. Bacially what I did was write as big a I needed to see what I was writing and then quickly erased my board every 1-3 questions depending on how much I had to write. Make sure to test your markers before you go into the testing room and put the cap on your markers when you aren't using them and you will be fine. Good luck!

I took the exam last weekend and this is what the testing center told me. Apparently ADA changed has a new policy that all DAT takers must use dry erase board (I am not sure if this is true or not..). Unless you meet the qualification for speacial testing accomodations, you cannnot request to get paper/pencil. Also, all testing centers (according to the guy that I talked to) have some fine-tip markers but the quantity that they have stored may be limited depending on the location.

I actually went over to the testing center a week before my test and requested that they save some fine-tip markers for me. I showed up on the actual test time exactly a week before (this will probably give you a better chance of meeting the person who is going to be working at the center on your actual test date). Then, you can just show up a little early on the test date to make sure that you have those markers :)

Oh, and you are not allowed to bring your own marker into the testing center (at least according to the person who was overseeing my test).

Good luck!

yea those markers have fat tips! i had to write font size 15 in order to make sure my writing wasnt all mushed up...i didnt know there were fine tips =(

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the exam last weekend and this is what the testing center told me. Apparently ADA changed has a new policy that all DAT takers must use dry erase board (I am not sure if this is true or not..). Unless you meet the qualification for speacial testing accomodations, you cannnot request to get paper/pencil. Also, all testing centers (according to the guy that I talked to) have some fine-tip markers but the quantity that they have stored may be limited depending on the location.

I actually went over to the testing center a week before my test and requested that they save some fine-tip markers for me. I showed up on the actual test time exactly a week before (this will probably give you a better chance of meeting the person who is going to be working at the center on your actual test date). Then, you can just show up a little early on the test date to make sure that you have those markers :)

Oh, and you are not allowed to bring your own marker into the testing center (at least according to the person who was overseeing my test).

Good luck!
i wish i would have known this before...my DAT is tomorrow..no point of going there today and booking fine tip marker for me...i guess i will get there early and try to find the best marker, there is nothing else that i can do.