Dry Erase prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Salpingo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of the pieces of advice I got was to take five minutes before the test and jot down some notes for quick references. I was thinking maybe a couple of basic farm equations and the G-protein-linked 2nd messenger mnemonic (QISS & QIQ if you're SIQ of SQS). Has anyone used this strategy? Any other good notes to have handy?

Members don't see this ad.

At my test center you're definately able to do it. They send you to your computer station and you can take a few minutes writing all you want down before you click anything on the computer. I even asked if I could check something out of my locker right before I went in there so that I could look at all the formulas in the back of FA one last time. I just wrote down the pharm formulas since i knew the behavioral ones pretty well. Never needed them for a single question lol.

I've been thinking about doing this! :D I honestly don't know if I will. I just don't know which ones I would write down.

One of the pieces of advice I got was to take five minutes before the test and jot down some notes for quick references. I was thinking maybe a couple of basic farm equations and the G-protein-linked 2nd messenger mnemonic (QISS & QIQ if you're SIQ of SQS). Has anyone used this strategy? Any other good notes to have handy?

What's this mnemonic?

Members don't see this ad :)

Do tell.

If you remember your mnemonic when you sit down to take the test, you'll probably still have it memorized when you get a question on it 5 hours later.

Unless you wanna binge on some pharm ,physio equations or any such nitty gritty detail just before you are about to enter the exam hall, then you can purge out the info on your notepad immediately to keep it away from getting 'digested' away into oblivion hours down the line.......

Nerves can wreck havoc,one can never tell.

I'm going to draw a funny picture so I can look at something for comedic relief in case I start freaking out.