Dry socket

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted875186

My spouse just had four impacted wisdom teeth extracted, and I’m pretty sure she has a dry socket in one of the bottom sites. It’s been 5 days, she’s still having really bad pain, unable to eat even soft foods.

Question is, how long before this gets better. As it stands they already will have to take another week off of work.

Also, anything to do to help with the pain. Already taking ibuprofen and Tylenol around the clock, and a Percocet at night to help sleep (which typically doesn’t work either)

Members don't see this ad.

My spouse just had four impacted wisdom teeth extracted, and I’m pretty sure she has a dry socket in one of the bottom sites. It’s been 5 days, she’s still having really bad pain, unable to eat even soft foods.

Question is, how long before this gets better. As it stands they already will have to take another week off of work.

Also, anything to do to help with the pain. Already taking ibuprofen and Tylenol around the clock, and a Percocet at night to help sleep (which typically doesn’t work either)
Nobody here can give you medical advice and your thread is most likely only minutes away from being closed. You should take her back to the dentist/OS who extracted her teeth.
If it is a dry socket, the treatment is simple, fast, and would save her days of pain and misery.

Reactions: 1 user
Nobody here can give you medical advice and your thread is most likely only minutes away from being closed. You should take her back to the dentist/OS who extracted her teeth.
If it is a dry socket, the treatment is simple, fast, and would save her days of pain and misery.
Already took her back to the dentist, didn’t do anything for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Amazed this isn’t closed yet ..... in the meantime, can someone give me a time frame on how long a dry socket takes to improve????

Amazed this isn’t closed yet ..... in the meantime, can someone give me a time frame on how long a dry socket takes to improve????
It may not even be a dry socket. It could be many things, and needs to be evaluated in person by a professional. If it is a dry socket, the duration depends on a lot of factors. If the dentist won’t do anything go to an oral surgeon. They can pack the site with eugenol dressings which will greatly reduce her pain.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.