Dual Credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cocobro123

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m a first time applicant applying to DO schools this cycle. I have one huge concern about my application. My GPA from the university I went to is a 3.47 with a 3.35 sGPA however, I didn’t realize how much of a negative impact the dual credit classes I took in high school would have on my overall GPA. I basically made all Cs and Bs for like 20+ hours worth of credits brining my overall GPA down to a 3.31 and my sGPA down to a 3.14. I’m not entirely sure how to approach this issue and honestly I’ve been working on my secondary applications but I don’t know if it’s even worth the trouble.

A little background: I have a 504 mcat, 140 hours of volunteering, 1200 clinical hours, have shadowed 100 hours and have scribed for a DO. I was also a private tutor and a waitress on and off through college. I also applied broadly (32 schools)

Members don't see this ad.

Also I worked for a PCP for 6 months and one reason I want to be a DO is because I hope to go into primary care. Idk how much that influences my application though

You have a 3.31 3.14 and 504.
Average DO is 3.4 and 503.
Science gpa is a little low. Build a good, wide school list and make sure your ECs are in order.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have a 3.31 3.14 and 504.
Average DO is 3.4 and 503.
Science gpa is a little low. Build a good, wide school list and make sure your ECs are in order.

Thanks for the feedback. Will do!

How's your non clinical volunteer? Add some of those.

I just signed up to do some volunteering through my friends church. I probably won’t report it because I’ve already turned in primary applications and their isn’t a place on most secondaries for “planned/future activities” but it will be nice to volunteer either way. Thanks!