Dublin Accomodation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MagicalTrevor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So now that the acceptances are rolling in, where is everyone planning on staying in dublin? For those of you already in dublin, can you give us some advice on where to live and where not to live?

Members don't see this ad.

I know someone posted some tips on one thread. I will look later. Have you seen the prices?? :laugh:
I don't know if having your own apartment comes in to the picture at 1,000 Euro a month??? maybe our moderator leori can give us some pointers?:thumbup:

So now that the acceptances are rolling in, where is everyone planning on staying in dublin? For those of you already in dublin, can you give us some advice on where to live and where not to live?

Ur going to RCSI right? I am a premed there btw

here is a link from the school site
http://www.rcsi.ie/index.jsp?nID=552&pID=115

Places to avoid: Millin. This places smells like s*** and is WAY overpriced :laugh:
Number 2 Avoid 65/66 aungier street - keep it as a last resort. I am currently living here and I am VERY DISAPPOINTED by the management.

Good places - Mercer Court + any other student accomodation besides the ones i mentioned

For aungier street, my beef is with their lack of organization and in lack of responsibility. Stay away if possible. Next here I am not staying here unless its my very LAST resort :D

Good luck dude!

Members don't see this ad :)
If I go to Dublin for RCSI (ie if I dont get off US waitlists) I will be living here:

www.chancery-house.net

its on the corner of bride and chancery for those of you who know the area better (i think)

co06, that place looks really nice! It also looks super expensive thoughh....do you know anything about prices? And if they have student leases that cover just the student term and not the summer? If you could let me know that would be awesome! Thanks!

If you get somewhere provided by your school, I would recommend you take it. It may not be a palace but it will give you a base to get set up, make friends and explore Dublin at your own pace rather than hunting all over a strange city for a house. Next year(s) you can share a house with your new mates. Living on your own is expensive.

If you do not get somewhere to live provided by your school, try this site www.daft.ie
and click the College tab in the Lettings section.

I would advise against living more than a 3 mile radius from your school unless you are on a rail/tram line as traffic in Dublin is pretty bad.

If you are in RCSI, the Luas tram green line stops outside your door so somewhere on that route is good. Lots of new apartments in Dundrum near the new shopping center.
http://www.luas.ie/green-line.php

Trinity is well served by bus routes and the DART rail stops at the back door.
http://www.iarnrodeireann.ie/dart/home/
http://www.dublinbus.ie/home/

UCD will probably give you campus accommodation but if not, it is well served by buses and there are lots of residential areas around it to rent in.

The southside is generally a better place to live. Some areas are quite expensive (Ballsbridge, Donnybrook, Ranelagh) but you can find cheaper suburbs near those areas. I would avoid the north inner city.

If I go to Dublin for RCSI (ie if I dont get off US waitlists) I will be living here:

www.chancery-house.net

its on the corner of bride and chancery for those of you who know the area better (i think)

:laugh: Looks beautiful. That would be my choice of residence. I am thinking rent is rather high though.

I have been to Chancery place and that place is pretty good. It is still under a bit of construction and IMO its not worth the price. You get no study tables and no TV like the other accomodations. :laugh:

Oh yeah, where do you guys stash your books, computer, and what not during the summer months when you go back home?

which is the best accomodation, not including price as an issue? and close to school. (RCSI)

which is the best accomodation, not including price as an issue? and close to school. (RCSI)

If you don't mind paying dear, move to Adelaide Square

What about UCD? Can anyone tell me which residences/campus accomodations are good for UCD? And would it be a better idea to stay on campus or to get an apartment off campus in your first year?

this adelaide square doesnt look that nice! only the penthouses!!! is there anywhere else?

this adelaide square doesnt look that nice! only the penthouses!!! is there anywhere else?

:laugh:
Well, I would do a general search: luxury apartments Dublin and go from there. Somebody mentioned another new complex....but I can not remember the name.
Interestingly, I saw something called "luxury student apartments". Anyhow, funny, but I believe you have to share an apartment with a number of people so I don't know how many rooms/bathrooms per person.

Do you think it is a good idea to purchase a place there??

I guess I would like to know if the market is currently good in that the prices of apartments and houses are on the rise. It might help to off-set the costs of living and tuition when we sell at the end of our 5 years. Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

I have lived in the Adelaide Square apartments (stayed with friends there for a while) and I can say that they are very nice, safe, great location, and expensive for a reason.