Due to the oversupply of the radiology job market, has there ever been a case where a radiologist ha

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Judgment Dragon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Due to the oversupply of the radiology job market, has there ever been a case where a radiologist was unable to find a radiologist job and he or she had to spend 3+ years going through an additional residency in a medical specialty that has an undersupply of physicians such as primary care, internal medicine, general practice medicine, psychiatry, family medicine, etc. ?

Here are some websites that talk about the oversupply of radiologists in the USA:

http://www.cancernetwork.com/residents/are-we-training-too-many-radiologists
http://theincidentaleconomist.com/wordpress/weep-for-the-radiologists/
https://www.change.org/p/accreditat...e-the-number-of-radiology-residency-positions

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for swinging in from AM with a trollish run-on sentence.

Solid internet references. I especially like: "“The times of graduating from medical school and driving a Porsche are done,” said Dr. Dana Lowenthal, a first-year radiology resident".

God, the internet breeds some weirdos.

Reactions: 2 users
Should we go to pharmacy school then?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, that change.org petition has 43 supporters... you better watch out. Also, mom-blog and 2 year old error filed, layman written article are sick references... go away

Thanks for swinging in from AM with a trollish run-on sentence.

Solid internet references. I especially like: "“The times of graduating from medical school and driving a Porsche are done,” said Dr. Dana Lowenthal, a first-year radiology resident".

God, the internet breeds some weirdos.

What does "AM" mean?

i'm a 2nd yr radiology resident now at a top program and all of our residents that are finishing are going thru the match for pediatric and family medicine residencies. i plan on going into primary care in a rural setting

Reactions: 6 users
i'm a 2nd yr radiology resident now at a top program and all of our residents that are finishing are going thru the match for pediatric and family medicine residencies. i plan on going into primary care in a rural setting

I am a radiologist in private practice and all of the partners in my group are filling their application for IM or psychiatry residency except for two. One of them decided to apply for dental school and one is applying for pharmacy. I myself decided to quit and work at Walmart.

Reactions: 6 users
I am a radiologist in private practice and all of the partners in my group are filling their application for IM or psychiatry residency except for two. One of them decided to apply for dental school and one is applying for pharmacy. I myself decided to quit and work at Walmart.

zomg i dunno why i didn't think of dental or pharmacy school! maybe that's why i couldn't find a job to begin with. well, maybe i'll just go back to medical school again and start it all over, i clearly didn't learn enough.. then maybe i'll go to dental, nursing, pharmacy, business, law, and DO med school.. then maybe, JUST MAYBE, i can get a job as a radiologist.. i mean who wouldn't want to hire Dr. Soandso BS, MS, MBA, PhD, RN, CRNP, PharmD, JD, DO, MD!?!?!?