Duggans Bench Exam Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amreki

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm going to be attending Duggans class in LA for bench exam practice. I've signed up for the August 1st - 9 day course. I've heard conflicting reports on the class, with some saying it was very helpful while others have said it was a waste of money. However, my situation is such that I can't NOT take the class.

I'll be sure to update this thread in 2 weeks after I'm done with the class to give my 2 cents. I was wondering if anyone on here will be joining on August 1st or if I was the only one.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Amreki

How many schools are you applying to?
How long back did u finish school?
What were you doing all these years?
How much can you practice by reading and watching videos?
Do you have friends and dental professionals who can grade your preps?

I believe based upon above one can decide whether and not to go for these courses.Also money involved should be a last concern if you basically for your situation are benefitting from this course.

I would request other seniors or friends who have taken this course in the past please post so as to help others decide.

Amreki,Please keep us posted on how did you like the course and other details.

Thanks and Great Luck

i m taking it on 19th-29th september...

i ve applied to UCLA USC UOP UTHSCSA BU and UPENN
ANyone else in d same time frame?

hey guys, i got alot of PMs asking about my experience at Duggans class. Sorry for the late response but I have been pretty busy lately. Anyway, I found Duggans class quite helpful. I took the 9 day IDP course. Everyday consisted of clear goals and technique overview/demonstration and then practicing on mannequins. Dr. Duggan himself is a great teacher, kind, and patient. His staff is also very sweet and helpful.

The class i took cost 3200 dollars, sans materials/equipment. Overall I hit 3700 dollars total for the course. I didn't like the way we had to buy the burs and materials separately, but thats just a personal feeling.

~duggan checks ur progress once every 30-45 minutes or so. or u can just ask for his attention.
~i definitely got better handskills/mirrorskills. sitting down from 9-5 in a dental chair just working on cavities will do that.
~u definitely learn alot from duggan's critiques

I don't know what else to say really, so I'll respond to any questions anyone might have. I had a positive time with Duggan's class and I would recommend it.