-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Duke Biomedical Science 2018-2019
Started by Cheerfulcheeto
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hello! I applied early decision and am anxiously waiting.
Hey there! Thanks for answering..I thought this post was dead 🙂 Do you know anything about scholarships? This program sounds amazing but also sooo expensive!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do they notify people? Phone call or email?Any idea what the chances are of them releasing earlier than the 20th?
Apparently, by phone first, followed by an e-mail shortly (within a few hours) after.How do they notify people? Phone call or email?
Thanks! Good Luck everyone 🙂Apparently, by phone first, followed by an e-mail shortly (within a few hours) after.
I believe if you are accepted that it is a phone call first followed by an email. Rejection is only an email. I am not certain about scholarships though. Good luck everyone! Did any of you all apply priority as well?
I believe if you are accepted that it is a phone call first followed by an email. Rejection is only an email. I am not certain about scholarships though. Good luck everyone! Did any of you all apply priority as well?
I applied priority. Fingers crossed.
Has anyone applied priority and gotten in yet?
Applied priority - nothing yet. I doubt they’ll do it early.Has anyone applied priority and gotten in yet?
nothing yet 🙁Any acceptances yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did any of you attend the preview days?
I did!
I was just accepted today! I'm sure they're making their way down the list...hope you all hear back soon.
How was it? I wish I could have but I'm all the way from CA so i just went to the online one!I did!
Congratulations! phone? email?I was just accepted today! I'm sure they're making their way down the list...hope you all hear back soon.
Congratulations! phone? email?
Phone call and they'll send an email with details later.
Thanks for the info!! Congrats again!Phone call and they'll send an email with details later.
Thank you!Thanks for the info!! Congrats again!
How was it? I wish I could have but I'm all the way from CA so i just went to the online one!
It was good! I am sure it was the same as the online one really. There were not many networking opportunities really so I do not foresee any benefit for anyone who did go in person.
Congrats!!! Around what time did you receive the call?I was just accepted today! I'm sure they're making their way down the list...hope you all hear back soon.
Have you heard yet Lulu97? i haven't!Congrats!!! Around what time did you receive the call?
No I haven’t gotten anything yet but I think I’m going to call at 4:30Have you heard yet Lulu97? i haven't!
Are you going to call at 4:30 EST?No I haven’t gotten anything yet but I think I’m going to call at 4:30
NOTHING 🙁 getting very anxiouscheck your emails
Nothing in my email, no phone calls, no spam emails, nothing on the portal............... ugh. Kinda wish they would post it all at once.check your emails
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No I haven’t gotten anything I think I’m going to callHave you heard yet Lulu97? i haven't!
Got rejected but I wish the best of luck to you!!!Nothing in my email, no phone calls, no spam emails, nothing on the portal............... ugh. Kinda wish they would post it all at once.
No I haven’t gotten anything I think I’m going to call
Got rejected but I wish the best of luck to you!!!
I'm sorry but I'm sure there are many other programs out there so i wouldn't stress. Did you hear via email or when you called?
They sent an email around 1:45I'm sorry but I'm sure there are many other programs out there so i wouldn't stress. Did you hear via email or when you called?
Anyone else get deferred? Anyone know what the success rate is from the deferred pool?Any acceptances yet?
I still haven’t heard anything.
Congrats to everyone accepted!!!! Did you all apply for early acceptance?
Anyone else get deferred? Anyone know what the success rate is from the deferred pool?
Just got deferred too! Not too sure, i'm probably going to go to Geogetown instead because I got into there regular MS in Physiology!
Just got deferred too! Not too sure, i'm probably going to go to Geogetown instead because I got into there regular MS in Physiology!
Awesome!! Congratulations that sounds like an incredible program
I was deferred as well. I am not too sure of the success rate though.
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone else is still waiting for a call or email who applied priority?
No i already got deferred via email around 1ish (PST)Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone else is still waiting for a call or email who applied priority?
Has anyone heard back who applied for regular admissions?
Has anyone heard back who applied for regular admissions?
No not yet. It may be awhile (like around March 6th/7th) until regular decision starts hearing anything. They probably will want to wait until they hear back from all Priority Decision Accepted Applicants before they start with the next batch. I could be wrong though.
Hey everyone! I applied for regular decision, and I am getting super anxious waiting! If anyone who has already been accepted/deferred or rejected feels comfortable sharing some of their stats that would be really awesome! That way we can get a feel for what they are looking for in their applicants. If anyone doesn't feel comfortable I totally understand! And shout out to the person that started this thread! I've been looking for more info on the program and this definitely helps!
So I still haven't heard anything (but I did apply late so that was my fault). Anyone from regular decision hear anything back yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied regular decision and I have not received any newsSo I still haven't heard anything (but I did apply late so that was my fault). Anyone from regular decision hear anything back yet?
Same. 🙁
I was accepted but won't be attending. Good luck everyone!!
I was accepted but won't be attending. Good luck everyone!!
What date did you find out that you got accepted?
I applied early... 3.9 GPA, no MCAT. deferred! I've heard its really not all about #s with them.Hey everyone! I applied for regular decision, and I am getting super anxious waiting! If anyone who has already been accepted/deferred or rejected feels comfortable sharing some of their stats that would be really awesome! That way we can get a feel for what they are looking for in their applicants. If anyone doesn't feel comfortable I totally understand! And shout out to the person that started this thread! I've been looking for more info on the program and this definitely helps!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 743
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 829