Duke deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bounty

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Here I am, the night before the 2-week deadline for the Duke secondary and, true to form, I'm not done. Not even close. Aaaaah I feel like I am still in college, procrastinating away.

So here's my question....how strict is this deadline? Can it be submitted anytime tomorrow (before midnight?) Can it be submitted later than that (say, saturday) and not get tossed or virtually tossed in the eyes of adcoms. I am lame and didn't start early enough but I am hesitant to rush it and turn in crap.

What do you guys think? Did anyone turn it in late last year?

Thanks!
bounty

Members don't see this ad.

haha, i'm sitting here in lansing michigan in the EXACT same shoes as you. I have all but one of my short essays done, but haven't started my essays. I do plan, however, to turn it in before noon tomorrow. They say two weeks for a reason - and turning it in late sure as heck won't HELP your application - so why risk it.

Kreno

I talked with the Duke Admissions Office, and they said that the 2 week deadline is NOT firm. They just want applicants to get the applications in asap.

I asked them because I didn't think I would be able to finish by tomorrow. But somehow I managed my way through those evil two essays and submitted earlier tonight. Good luck with them!

Members don't see this ad :)
haha its 2 am an i'm doing the duke essays. except i stopped being productive a couple hours ago and have been watching the show in the lounge. i figure i'll get it in by monday morn (they won't look at it on the weekend anyway) and it should be fine. strengths and weaknesses ....

Hey jot
You really think its okay to not turn it in yet? I mean I really dont want to give them yet another reason to not invite me there!
I just finished writing the moral dilemma question and I feel emotionally drained from it - long story - and I am totally not ready to write a coherent essay on technological crap.
yuck!
Bounty

Originally posted by Bounty
Hey jot
You really think its okay to not turn it in yet? I mean I really dont want to give them yet another reason to not invite me there!
I just finished writing the moral dilemma question and I feel emotionally drained from it - long story - and I am totally not ready to write a coherent essay on technological crap.
yuck!
Bounty

listen, I contacted them last year, and they were like, it's not really a deadline, more like a timeline!

but u know that really screwed me big time...cuz as soon as I found that out...hehe, I gave myself a week to finish one question...then two more weeks to finish another 2 questions...and before I knew it..it took such a freakin long time that I said, u know what..screw duke!!! :p

never wanted to live in the south anyway....ehem :D bounty, and knowing you, u dont want to live in the south either ;) well not again, do u?

u want to spend another 4 years at duke? :rolleyes: come here to UCI :p I keep you company.....:D

haha, yep. i'm doing the same thing as the rest of you.

one more essay to go...but eh, time for bed. goodnight :)

well i am sitting in east lansing michigan and here it is 8:30 am on the day my dukie is due. i have everything but 1.5 essays done. meaning one of the biggies is halfway finished and the other hasn't been touched, but the rest of the app is dandy. i plan on turning it in my midnight tonight. yick. i'm out of town (job) 4 days a week, and unable to work on these essays then, so the 2wk deadline was a sticky one for me. hopefully midnight tonight is good enough! :)

What is this about, SAT scores? They also want the exact dates.

This is great, I thought I was the only one trying to finish my Duke secondary on time. The moral dilemma essay took forever to write. Good luck to all of you gays!

east lansing michigan? Me too. What a small world. Are you an MSU student? what major?

i *was* a graduate student. in aquatic ecology. but i left the program to apply to medical school. there's a few other e.lansingers on here as well.

duke is still not done. it will maybe have to be attacked with a beer. the ethical dilemma thing, while i have one to write about, is taking me forever to figure out how to get my point across. i haven't even scratched the surface of the technological advances one. yick.

on the bright side - i feel like this 2ndary from hell is a weeder of sorts. if i can even finish it, it'll be like a screen in itself! :D