You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Duke ED
Started by tfoor13
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I have not heard anything back yet and I also applied ED to Duke.Just wanted to connect with those who applied to Duke ED. Anyone heard anything back?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Smile72696
Full Member
I have also not heard back yet!im still waiting as well, haven't heard anything from them other than paying the $50 fee
Frightened_Rabbit
Full Member
Yes, there’s definitely an interview. I called admissions a while back to confirm. I’m confused on how they will be able to fit so many into just one day. I’m sure they will make it interesting!
They might do group interviews
Smile72696
Full Member
I asked at an info session and was told that we would have about 2 weeks notice in advance if we get an interview. Should be in the next few days!Anyone have an idea for when Duke will get back to us about interviews? Flights from my area are around $350 and climbing. It looks like other ED applicants on the forums have gotten some responses.
Thank you! Fingers crossed!!!!I asked at an info session and was told that we would have about 2 weeks notice in advance if we get an interview. Should be in the next few days!
Smile72696
Full Member
Has anyone heard? Still nothing for me!Just wanted to connect with those who applied to Duke ED. Anyone heard anything back?
ACPTWannabe
Full Member
I applied regular decision before the ED deadline and haven't heard anything either. I don't expect to until after you guys do.
ACPTWannabe
Full Member
I'm so anxious and nervous about all my applications that I constantly have my email open and keep checking these forums to see if anyone has heard from the schools I applied to. The struggle is real.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ACPTWannabe
Full Member
Good luck you guys! Hoping to hear soon now.I just received my interview invitation
Smile72696
Full Member
I also received an interview invitation! Congrats guys!!
ACPTWannabe
Full Member
I'm sure they will contact you about this issue, but Duke University is closing today at 5 pm and is starting emergency procedures tomorrow at noon per their website. They will likely have to reschedule the interviews. I am from an hour west of Durham and its going to get bad here. Durham itself doesn't usually flood too bad, but the surrounding areas do.
ACPTWannabe
Full Member
just out of curiousity and because it could impact hearing back from them regular decision. Did they delay the interviews?Has anyone contacted Duke regarding the impact of the hurricane? Its set to hit NC 2 days before the interview
just out of curiousity and because it could impact hearing back from them regular decision. Did they delay the interviews?
some people are not going (me cause im blocked from the hurricane coming from Florida) so they are doing semi-virtual interviews.
From what I was told a good majority of people are still planning on going
ACPTWannabe
Full Member
Just saying to determine the number of spots left in the program. Roughly how many people were invited for ED interviews? I know on the website it says 84% of ED candidates that are interviewed are accepted.
Just saying to determine the number of spots left in the program. Roughly how many people were invited for ED interviews? I know on the website it says 84% of ED candidates that are interviewed are accepted.
I asked the day of the interview and they said they had 200 ED applications and interviewed 63 so they will probably take around 50
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Smile72696
Full Member
I also got an acceptance call! Congrats to you guys and can't wait to meet you if I haven't already! 🙂Just wanted to connect with those who applied to Duke ED. Anyone heard anything back?
I interviewed as well and haven't heard anything either so you're not alone! Also freaking out!Has anyone not heard back yet? I flew to Durham, interviewed, and haven't heard anything and am starting to freak out. Lol
Did anyone receive the welcome email or anything yet?
I have not either as they said it would be today. Will probably come by Tuesday when they are required to respond. My assumption is they have not reached everyone yet and are waiting to get final confirmations from everyone before sending anything.
Smile72696
Full Member
I have also not received an email!I have not either as they said it would be today. Will probably come by Tuesday when they are required to respond. My assumption is they have not reached everyone yet and are waiting to get final confirmations from everyone before sending anything.
Just sent in my deposit and letter of intent! If anyone wants to exchange info and maybe start a Facebook group or something so we can start getting to know one another just message me!! 🙂 Can't wait to meet you all!
Made a page called "Duke DPT Class of 2022"
just request to join and I will add you guys in!
Is it public? I haven’t been able to find it yet
Public now, didn't realize I had it closed before
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had already created one using the same format as the previous classes (Duke DPT 2022) and we have a few people in the group already. Feel free to request to join that way we don't cause confusion with duplicate groups! Looking forward to meeting you!
Here's the link: Duke DPT 2022
Here's the link: Duke DPT 2022
Last edited: