Duke ED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tfoor13

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to connect with those who applied to Duke ED. Anyone heard anything back?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
im still waiting as well, haven't heard anything from them other than paying the $50 fee

also, does anyone know if we will have an interview or not? I have heard so many mixed messages about it. On their website it says there will be no interview but their email confirmation said they will have interviews? anyone know whats up with that?

Yes, there’s definitely an interview. I called admissions a while back to confirm. I’m confused on how they will be able to fit so many into just one day. I’m sure they will make it interesting!

Yes, there’s definitely an interview. I called admissions a while back to confirm. I’m confused on how they will be able to fit so many into just one day. I’m sure they will make it interesting!

They might do group interviews

Anyone have an idea for when Duke will get back to us about interviews? Flights from my area are around $350 and climbing. It looks like other ED applicants on the forums have gotten some responses.

Anyone have an idea for when Duke will get back to us about interviews? Flights from my area are around $350 and climbing. It looks like other ED applicants on the forums have gotten some responses.
I asked at an info session and was told that we would have about 2 weeks notice in advance if we get an interview. Should be in the next few days!

I asked at an info session and was told that we would have about 2 weeks notice in advance if we get an interview. Should be in the next few days!
Thank you! Fingers crossed!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I applied regular decision before the ED deadline and haven't heard anything either. I don't expect to until after you guys do.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so anxious and nervous about all my applications that I constantly have my email open and keep checking these forums to see if anyone has heard from the schools I applied to. The struggle is real.

I received mine as well. Excited to meet you all in Durham!

Has anyone contacted Duke regarding the impact of the hurricane? Its set to hit NC 2 days before the interview

I'm sure they will contact you about this issue, but Duke University is closing today at 5 pm and is starting emergency procedures tomorrow at noon per their website. They will likely have to reschedule the interviews. I am from an hour west of Durham and its going to get bad here. Durham itself doesn't usually flood too bad, but the surrounding areas do.

Has anyone contacted Duke regarding the impact of the hurricane? Its set to hit NC 2 days before the interview
just out of curiousity and because it could impact hearing back from them regular decision. Did they delay the interviews?

just out of curiousity and because it could impact hearing back from them regular decision. Did they delay the interviews?

some people are not going (me cause im blocked from the hurricane coming from Florida) so they are doing semi-virtual interviews.
From what I was told a good majority of people are still planning on going

Anyone know how many invites they sent out? I’m so nervous for this day!!!

Got a phone call I was accepted! Hope to see you all in Durham!

Reactions: 1 users
Just saying to determine the number of spots left in the program. Roughly how many people were invited for ED interviews? I know on the website it says 84% of ED candidates that are interviewed are accepted.

Just saying to determine the number of spots left in the program. Roughly how many people were invited for ED interviews? I know on the website it says 84% of ED candidates that are interviewed are accepted.

I asked the day of the interview and they said they had 200 ED applications and interviewed 63 so they will probably take around 50

Just wanted to connect with those who applied to Duke ED. Anyone heard anything back?
I also got an acceptance call! Congrats to you guys and can't wait to meet you if I haven't already! :)

Congrats everyone! I'll throw together a Facebook group (Duke DPT 2022) so we can start linking up!

Has anyone not heard back yet? I flew to Durham, interviewed, and haven't heard anything and am starting to freak out. Lol

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted! I am a current first year student that was accepted early decision last year. Duke's program is amazing, and I can't wait to meet you guys that choose to come :)

Has anyone not heard back yet? I flew to Durham, interviewed, and haven't heard anything and am starting to freak out. Lol
I interviewed as well and haven't heard anything either so you're not alone! Also freaking out!

Did anyone receive the welcome email or anything yet?

I have not either as they said it would be today. Will probably come by Tuesday when they are required to respond. My assumption is they have not reached everyone yet and are waiting to get final confirmations from everyone before sending anything.

I have not either as they said it would be today. Will probably come by Tuesday when they are required to respond. My assumption is they have not reached everyone yet and are waiting to get final confirmations from everyone before sending anything.
I have also not received an email!

I got my phone call acceptance yesterday afternoon! Can't wait to meet you all!

Just sent in my deposit and letter of intent! If anyone wants to exchange info and maybe start a Facebook group or something so we can start getting to know one another just message me!! :) Can't wait to meet you all!

Just sent in my deposit and letter of intent! If anyone wants to exchange info and maybe start a Facebook group or something so we can start getting to know one another just message me!! :) Can't wait to meet you all!

Made a page called "Duke DPT Class of 2022"
just request to join and I will add you guys in!

I had already created one using the same format as the previous classes (Duke DPT 2022) and we have a few people in the group already. Feel free to request to join that way we don't cause confusion with duplicate groups! Looking forward to meeting you!

Here's the link: Duke DPT 2022

Last edited: