Duke, Emory, UVA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oligodendrocyte

oligodendrocyte
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback of what they think of these three path residency programs- Duke, Emory, UVA. And how they would compare each of them to each other. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback of what they think of these three path residency programs- Duke, Emory, UVA. And how they would compare each of them to each other. Thanks!

I have heard that UVA and Duke are the 2 most competitive programs in the southeast. Emory has an up-and-coming national presence as well. All three offer strong training and a strong reputation.

I have heard that UVA and Duke are the 2 most competitive programs in the southeast. Emory has an up-and-coming national presence as well. All three offer strong training and a strong reputation.

I don't see how Emory is merely "up-and-coming." It's already one of the best programs. The rest I agree with, though I'd say Emory is more well-rounded than Duke.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see how Emory is merely "up-and-coming." It's already one of the best programs. The rest I agree with, though I'd say Emory is more well-rounded than Duke.

I agree. Emory has very strong CP training.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that Emory wasn't a good program and Duke does have a reputation for being a bit AP heavy.