Duke question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

celltech2000

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does Duke send out their acceptance letters all at once or is it rolling admissions? I read in the old MSAR 2006-2007 book that the earliest they send out acceptances is March 1, but I may be mistaken.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, all letters get sent out in late Feb/early March.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kind of tangential, but on the subject of Duke, it's really refreshing to know their adcoms actually read our essays. Just a thought :)

i think this year they said they were going to push back the admission letter date because they wanted to allow more time for interviews, but i could just be crazy. :/

i think this year they said they were going to push back the admission letter date because they wanted to allow more time for interviews, but i could just be crazy. :/

You ARE crazy, but that's hardly the point. Shouldn't you be studying anatomy :p

Seriously, go study guys. I was just on here, um, making sure you guys were studying....um, yeah.

You ARE crazy, but that's hardly the point. Shouldn't you be studying anatomy :p
I like to watch you sleep at night. And sometimes during the day, too, when I'm bored enough.

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted. And I wasted it on that. Go figure.

Dude. Y'all need to get a life. (to Diosa, MrBurns, kirexhana, and UT)

To the rest of you, they'll probably SAY late Feb but chances are they really mean early to mid March. The first acceptances this year went out March 15, and the last interviews were thru the end of Feb. Yes, they really DO read the essays and chances are they'll bring at least one of them up in your interview. The moral dilemma and the "ethics" ones were biggies for our year; I think you guys have similar ones (although personally I think the "humbling experience" one is crap).

:luck:

By the way, guys, for the practicals the most common ones for the past 8 years have been: ACL, olecranon process, piriformis, brachialis, biceps brachii (long head or tendon), and lateral plantar nerve. They've been on >50%. ACL has been on ALL of them.

Dude. Y'all need to get a life. (to Diosa, MrBurns, kirexhana, and UT)

To the rest of you, they'll probably SAY late Feb but chances are they really mean early to mid March. The first acceptances this year went out March 15, and the last interviews were thru the end of Feb. Yes, they really DO read the essays and chances are they'll bring at least one of them up in your interview. The moral dilemma and the "ethics" ones were biggies for our year; I think you guys have similar ones (although personally I think the "humbling experience" one is crap).

:luck:

By the way, guys, for the practicals the most common ones for the past 8 years have been: ACL, olecranon process, piriformis, brachialis, biceps brachii (long head or tendon), and lateral plantar nerve. They've been on >50%. ACL has been on ALL of them.
Hey now, only ONE of us took the time to figure that out about the practicals...:) thanks for the info.

And just a correction, decisions for this past year came out March 1 or 2, not the 15. But it might be a little later this year because they're behind in the interview process.

oh my dysfunctional SDN Duke subfamily.... hope the class of 2011 can join in on this too someday in march...