duke recs???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SilverAngel1110

just plain old me
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys... ive been MIA lately because ive been bogged down at work and what not, but i have a question... for duke's lor requirements, it says we need 2 science and 1 nonscience faculty... does that apply even if we are going through our premed committee? i have 1 science, 1 nonscience, and 1 from my PI, coupled with my committee letter... so am i screwed, or does it not really matter much? i mean, im not about to go ask someone else to write me a lor in the next week...you can imagine how great THAT letter would sound... so should i email them? sorry if someone already asked this question but i havent visited sdn in a while... thanks for the help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

so you have 4 letters total? did a science professor contribute to your committee letter? sorry-don't know much about committee letters?

Actually it sounds like your recommendations are perfect. I assume your PI is a faculty member in a science department. I am in the same situation as you....I was told by my pre-medical advisor that it doesn't matter that I didn't have my PI as a professor in a course. He still counts as science faculty.

I called a lady at admissions. She said it is not strict, as long as you have two science related letters you are fine