SilverAngel1110

just plain old me
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2002
Over the river...
Visit site
Status (Visible)
hi guys... ive been MIA lately because ive been bogged down at work and what not, but i have a question... for duke's lor requirements, it says we need 2 science and 1 nonscience faculty... does that apply even if we are going through our premed committee? i have 1 science, 1 nonscience, and 1 from my PI, coupled with my committee letter... so am i screwed, or does it not really matter much? i mean, im not about to go ask someone else to write me a lor in the next week...you can imagine how great THAT letter would sound... so should i email them? sorry if someone already asked this question but i havent visited sdn in a while... thanks for the help! :)

finney

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
so you have 4 letters total? did a science professor contribute to your committee letter? sorry-don't know much about committee letters?

guitarguy

15+ Year Member
May 24, 2002
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Actually it sounds like your recommendations are perfect. I assume your PI is a faculty member in a science department. I am in the same situation as you....I was told by my pre-medical advisor that it doesn't matter that I didn't have my PI as a professor in a course. He still counts as science faculty.

longhorn

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2002
Texas
-
Status (Visible)
I called a lady at admissions. She said it is not strict, as long as you have two science related letters you are fine

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads