unicorn06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2005
Status (Visible)
Anyone know if there is really no disadvantage to Duke's regional interview as it says on their website? It would be much more convenient/cheaper for me to do the regional, but I'm not convinced that this would not be a disadvantage...

Also, the ethical issues interview sounds like a huge pain, and doing a regional would avoid this.

Anyone have thoughts on this regional/local issue?

I have to say I do like how they posted all of the available interview dates on the web rather than making us pick from a few interview dates like most invites!

diosa428

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
unicorn06 said:
Anyone know if there is really no disadvantage to Duke's regional interview as it says on their website? It would be much more convenient/cheaper for me to do the regional, but I'm not convinced that this would not be a disadvantage...

Also, the ethical issues interview sounds like a huge pain, and doing a regional would avoid this.

Anyone have thoughts on this regional/local issue?

I have to say I do like how they posted all of the available interview dates on the web rather than making us pick from a few interview dates like most invites!

I don't know if there's an advantage or disadvantage but I think I'm going to go down there and check out the school anyway. I know what you mean about the cost though... What I'm wondering is if they're rolling or not? The website says that all letters are sent in Feb, which makes me think that they're not, and I'd much rather schedule an interview in the Dec/Jan break from school, but not if I'll be at a disadvantage.

Uncle Izzy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2005
NC
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
IMHO, there is no drawback to the regional interview with regards to admission.

I do think that visiting Duke is awesome and you'll get alot out of it. It's a great place and one that really grows on you when you visit. I think the students really made the difference with regards to my impression of the school and are one of the major reasons why i came here.

If you do decide to come out and visit, send me a PM. Good luck with everytihng..

IZZY

About the Ads

diosa428

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
Also, if you read the interview feedback there are quite a few ppl who had regional interviews and they do seem less stressful. Check it out.

mdung

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
diosa428 said:
Also, if you read the interview feedback there are quite a few ppl who had regional interviews and they do seem less stressful. Check it out.

Yea, I am considering a regional interview too. The cost of flying out is too much at the moment. I jsut dont want to be at a disadvantaged if I dont personally go there and interview... =/

epalantequevoy

Captain Planet
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2005
the midwest
Status (Visible)
i have a friend who did a regional interview and was accepted, so i doubt there is any HUGE disadvantage. she then went to see the campus on the second look weekend, which is always an option if you get in.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.