duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docrocmayo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interviewed at Duke and loved their program. I was wanting more information about their procedure census. The big decision that I am trying to make is between staying at Rochester and moving outside.
I would appreciate if some one could either pm me or post here.

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed at Duke and loved their program. I was wanting more information about their procedure census. The big decision that I am trying to make is between staying at Rochester and moving outside.
I would appreciate if some one could either pm me or post here.

When you are asking about "procedure census", I am assuming that you are talking about right and left heart caths. Also, given your username and "Rochester" I am also assuming you are from Mayo-Rochester. That being said, you have nothing to worry about as far as fulfilling your COCATS requirements for all general cardiology procedures (ECHOS, caths, stress tests, nuclear studies, etc.) at Duke, Mayo, or any of the other top programs for that matter. My friends who went to Duke have never complained of having too few caths!

Generally, your decision for which institution should be guided by two factors. If you are planning on private practice, geography matters a lot. Certainly, both programs will offer you the lattitude to find good jobs anywhere in the country, but the really juicy jobs often require some insider connections that close geography can offer. If you are interested in academics, your decision should be predominantely guided by your research interests (clinical or basic) and identification of good mentors for you.

I'll also PM you with some tips. Hasta.