Dumb question about the degree...Please Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lawliet2008

Nobody mess with Adam We
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm about to graduate from medschool in Sudan at the end of July, and I'm hoping to apply this year. Um...I'm not completely clear on what exactly I'm supposed to send to ECFMG in terms of the degree. Do I have to go through the licensing process here in Sudan (I'm not Sudanese, so I wasn't really planning on practicing here) before I send to ECFMG, or do I just ask the university to send ECFMG the diploma hot off the presses without any of that certification stuff?

I don't know, I feel like this is a really dumb question. After planning out all the other stuff so carefully, I can't believe that an administrative thing might be the reason why I miss the match this year.

Anyhoo, I'm really stressed out about this...so...believe me, any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You have them send a certified copy of your diploma.

Sorry, I'm really new at this. But what exactly does "certified copy" mean? How do I get it certified?

Do I just take the diploma they give me, and send ECFMG two photocopies, and then I let ECFMG people talk to the school for transcripts. Is that the whole process or am I missing something?

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm really new at this. But what exactly does "certified copy" mean? How do I get it certified?

Do I just take the diploma they give me, and send ECFMG two photocopies, and then I let ECFMG people talk to the school for transcripts. Is that the whole process or am I missing something?

Have you read the directions on the ECFMG website? It's pretty detailed.